16

I woke up to a few texts from Kendall, and I lit up after a difficult night of being ignored by my family after she'd gone off the phone to go to bed last night.

Kendall- morning baby, I hope you slept well 🥰

Kendall- I have my second conference today

Kendall- text me when you wake up ❤️

Me- morning Kenny😘 how r u today

Kendall- I'm ok, just listening to someone else's speech

Me- I bet urs is so much better

Kendall- it is 😉 how are you?

Me- I'm fine but I feel rly tired and sick

Kendall- it's probably stress, don't worry it's only two more nights and you'll be out of there and with me ❤️

Me- I know ☺️ I'm rly excited

Kendall- me too. I'm going on now so I'll text you after

Me- good luck you'll do rly well ❤️

Kendall- I know 🥰 bye baby

Me- byeeee ❤️

I went to get myself some breakfast and went on a walk around the neighbourhood, where I bumped into a boy I'd gone to high school with, and we got talking. "So what are you up to now?" I asked him and he shrugged and put his hands in his pockets with a smile "tell me"

"I got a scholarship at Stanford" he said

"Well done, I'm so proud of you, I never would've thought you'd be the one to do that when we went to school"

"What about you?"

"I work for a PR company in the city. It's not too interesting but I'm happy"

"Are you married yet?"

"No"

"Shit, I owe Tana ten bucks"

"What, you bet I'd be married by twenty one?"

"Yeah" he laughed "I'm married"

"What? Tom!" I exclaimed

"Are you really that surprised?"

"A little, weren't you the most hyped up guy in the school and now you're married forever?"

"Yeah, I found my girl. Remember Gina from our sociology class? We're having a kid in two weeks"

"Congratulations" I smiled, but I couldn't help but feel like my life wasn't going anywhere. While he was married and expecting a kid any minute, I was fucking around with my boss who probably wasn't going to be interested in me after a few more weeks, and I was stuck in a job where all I did was fetch things for her. A dog could probably do just as good a job as me and be more cost effective. Maybe she should do her talk today about that instead. "I wish I had that much going on"

"You got a girlfriend yet?"

"Kinda" I shrugged

"I'll take that as a yes. Well, I wish I could stay and chat but I have a lot to do in these next two weeks and I have work and school... I'll catch you later y/n"

"Yeah, bye Tom" I said and walked back home. I called Kendall but she didn't pick up, so I decided to watch a movie to pass the time. Just when it was getting interesting, she called me back so I put her on speaker and kept watching my movie. "Hey Kenny"

"Hey baby, how's it going?"

"Kinda shitty, I saw one of my friends from high school and guess what?"