63

"Are you kidding?"

"What?"

"Nothing. Something at work. Don't worry gorgeous" she said

"I love you" I said, anxiously trying to offer her some comfort

"I love you" she said and put her arm around me while she emailed someone back on her phone "why are you being so cuddly?"

"Is that even a serious question?"

"I just wanna hear it again" she smiled against my cheek

"I love you"

"So cute. I love you" she replied and put her phone down on the sofa next to us. "Now the kids are in bed, do you wanna watch something with me?"

"Yeah, what are you feeling like watching tonight?"

"That funny British one about that woman who lives in London and she calls herself a spinster"

"Bridget Jones's diary?"

"That's the one" she beamed and I rolled my eyes at her

"I know you know what it's called, you just wouldn't be caught dead liking that"

"I wouldn't. It's embarrassing" she joked and adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"And I'm not dumb, I know you're in love with Hugh Grant"

"I'm more of a Colin Firth girl myself" she said and kissed my temple "but even more of a y/n girl"

"And a Kendall girl"

"Are you once again saying that I'm in love with myself?"

"I am. Only because you are"

"That's fair" she shrugged my comment off because she knew I was joking. I put the movie on and played with her brown hair while she held me in a tight grasp.

This was all I wanted.

Ten years of marriage and three loud, energetic kids later, we were still just as in love as we were all that time together.

I just wanted time to freeze, but every moment seemed better than the last. She was everything I needed, and she'd never been happier. Her business was thriving and so was our marriage, so we were happy as we were. Nothing had to change, but if it did, then we'd adapt to it together, as we always did.

"I love British accents. You just know if I had one, I'd be getting laid every single day"

"What if I preferred it American?" I asked her

"You'd still love me" she said calmly and I nodded in agreement "remember when we went to Paris?"

"Of course I do" I said and she laughed "I can't believe you thought I was flirting with a man"

"I didn't, I just think you assume the best in people. Now, my negativity has rubbed off on you and you judge everyone just as much as I do"

"I don't judge you"

"Only when I refuse to smoke weed with you"

"It has many health benefits"

"Not really, it's just less bad for you than alcohol. Apparently" she said

"It's perfectly legal, I don't know what you're talking about"

"I'm not discussing the legality, I'm discussing the health benefits you said it has that I very much doubt it has" she said and got her phone out to look it up, and it turned out that I was correct in thinking that alcohol was worse than what I did, and she scoffed "that's bullshit. At least I won't become schizophrenic"