Sapphire's diary.

No comment guys? Im pretty disappointed!
Still enjoy.

__________________________________

Lizzi's POV (ELIZABETH AKA XAVIER'S RECEPTIONIST AND AN OLD FRIEND)

I'm inhaling the smell of the freshly cut grass, I'm hearing and feeling the wind softly blowing my hair into my face, I'm seeing the dark star littered sky and I'm thinking about the memories I and Sapphire made sat on this very spot. The only difference is I'm sitting here alone. Sapphire is no longer here. This is the place where Sapphire and I used to come at night when one of us was sad, broken, or mad. We used to lay down here on this green grass, looking up at the stars. We didn't necessarily talk, just staring in awe at our surroundings; other times we couldn't stop talking, venting our frustrations about people, society or pretty much anything that deserved being talked about.

Sapphire always said, ''I believe people who die, become stars, Liz. They look out for us during our dark times, they are there to experience the good memories even when they are gone. One day when I'll die, I promise I'll watch over you guys from above.'' She always was so determined. That time I used to laugh at her childish behavior, but now I miss that. I loved the fact that she was so carefree and happy. Now I cling to her wise words, her being a star means that no matter where I am, she is always with me, twinkling bright and high in the sky. I smiled at that thought. She kept me sane and continues doing so. I look at the stars and calmness overcomes me and I just know that it is because of her. Even if she is no longer here physically, she is always here in my heart and no one can take that from me.

I know it's been 5 damn years and she is no longer alive, but you can't blame me. If someone close to you dies, you may act normal in front of everybody, but once in a while, you do miss that person. And that is when you realize that they are never going to come back and you are still holding on to memories that are so precious to you and no one else will ever understand. People tell you to move on and yes, you do move on with your life, but don't we all agree that even after several years of their absence, we still miss them, their voice, their actions, their presence.

Sapphire was more than a sister to me, she was like my mother. My young mother of course. I love how she used to scold me when I did something wrong and how she was there for me when I lost faith in myself. How could I forget the day she literally knocked out a guy by punching him straight in the nose because he called me a bitch. She was the real deal. She was a person you rarely came across, she was simply a kind soul gifted to us in this world. I was simply glad that I got to spend time with her before she was taken away from us, she had Xavier to lead her and Xavier had her to lead him. Now he is a broken soul, damaged and scared of loving another.

I miss her, I miss her so much. This is when I let myself go, open my wounds and wish with my might that things were different.

Today, I'm here because I found something.

Her diary.

She used to hide it from everyone, even Xavier. She hated it when people touched her diary let alone look at it. Being the nosey person that I am, I once tried to read it but, she caught me. I swear to God she was about to kill me! It was one of the worst days of my life.

Today, I have her diary in front of me. I can open it, read it, but there is no one there to snatch it away from me. Gone are the attempts of trying to smuggle the diary to the bathroom so you can read it. Gone is the fear of being caught. It's all gone, I want something more. I want Sapphire to come back and snatch it away from me, I want her to scold me. I want her to yell at me.I want an indication that she is still with us. But I know she won't come back, I know she's gone for all time. All I can do is make sure her name lives on and she isn't forgotten.