THIS HAS TO BE A DREAM!

*XAVIER'S POV*

The doctor is wrong. She is definitely  wrong. Sapphire cannot be dead, she can't be. She said she wouldn't leave me, she fucking promised me!

Sapphire cannot be dead. I refuse to believe it.

How can she be dead? She was laughing and flirting with me a few minutes back . It can't be. She was smiling, laughing, telling me she loved me! I sobbed as I clutched her lifeless body, willing the life back into her.

''Son, try and get a hold of yourself the ambulance is here...we still need to take her to the hospital...we need to get a dead certificate of her and...'' she went over the formalities like it was just another case for her, just another dead person she had to document. But she was wrong this time.

''SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! SHE'S NOT DEAD!'' I yelled. She looked taken aback, but still smiled sympathetically.

"NO! It's impossible. She can't be" I wept in anguish.

''I know what you're going through, get a hold of yourself son'' She rubbed my back and I hated it. It wasn't her place to console me!

"How can you possibly know what I am going through?!" I roared at her. How dare she say that! she rubbed my back but I didn't want her to do it. I wanted Sapphire to wake up and rub my back. Though she was being so nice, I hated her and everybody at the moment. How could they readily accept that she was no longer here in this world when she was still here, nestled in my arms, silent and angelic.

I sat on the floor with Sapphire in my arms surrounded by crowds of bystanders who had come to the conclusion that she had passed away. The doctor was crouched next to me and Sapphire, whilst Elizabeth was sat a couple of feet away from us emotionless. She too had blood on her, from trying to take me away from Sapphire, but even she thought Sapphire was dead. I had hope.I saw people crouch down and pull me away from her, telling me to let go.

But the pain was too overwhelming that I blacked out to the sounds of people yelling my name.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I opened my eyes to a familiar sight that was my bedroom. I was in my house. How did I even get here? Shuffling in my bed, I turned to my left, rendering me speechless. There she was, right next to me, looking at me with that beautiful grin of hers. It was Sapphire. I couldn't believe that she was here with me, I told everyone that she was not dead, she had just fainted, but no one listened to me. They thought I was the crazy guy.

I tried to speak, tell her that I loved her, that I was so worried and I wouldn't let anything happen to her but something stopped me. It was like my voice was never there. She smiled, shaking her head. The same way she used to shake her head when I did something stupid, ''How are you, Xavier?'' She placed her hand on my cheek.

I tried to speak but again couldn't.

''You're here?'' I was confused. Was that accident just a really bad dream?

''Yes, me. Why? Did you want someone else in bed with you?'' she giggled again and pocked my chest.

''But princess, you were there lying in front of me, there was blood everywhere and I - I tried talking to you, but you didn't answer. That car, it hit you and the lady said you were dead...'' I closed my eyes as memories of the accident arose. I took a deep breath to calm the pain that was arising.

I laughed as I realised it was a dream indeed. Nothing of that sort happened, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. I just felt different, I felt deflated, you know that sinking kind of feeling that you get in your chest. But I brushed it aside. My princess was here with me in the flesh.