Hello love

Double update! You've got to love me!

XAVIER'S POV

As much as I hated the doctor's orders and wanted to pummel him, everyone had persuaded me not to kill the person who was treating Erica, to leave him and to wait just like the rest of them. Which is why I am currently standing outside the ICU like a watchdog. My happiness mirrored every other person present in the corridor. I just counted down the seconds until I would get to meet her. To talk to her.

I was so happy that I couldn't stand still, I kept on shuffling my feet. I couldn't help but smile as I remembered the little fights me and Erica had. They were stupid now that I think about them, but nevertheless funny. I looked at a nurse walking by, she saw me and began giggling murmuring the words, "Young love". She shook her head and walked to the next room. Peculiar.

I ignored her and waited for the doctor to come out, he was taking ages. All I wanted was to meet Erica, I wanted to hear her voice, and I wanted to see her, to feel her in my arms. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the doctor came out with 2 nurses following behind. Their faces were expressionless, I guess a technique learned as the days went by.

"Mr. Manhattan she's awake. Only one person should meet her at a time, who would like to go first?" He looked at the rest of the people but looked at me the most. He must have thought let me ask the guy who nearly killed me. I wanted to go inside so bad, but I couldn't do anything. There was one person who loved Erica more than me.

Erica's mother. She has been in her life more than I have been.

I stepped aside so she could go in, but instead she kept her hand on my shoulder, "You should go in first, after all, you went through a lot of trouble for her " She had tears in her eyes, tears of happiness. I felt conflicted, a mother's love cannot match that of a lover. Respecting her wishes, I nodded and went inside. I know it was a selfish move on my behalf but I swear it felt like a reflex action that switched off the guilt. It felt like it was something I had to do! She was my drug placed one door away. I literally ran inside and sat on a stool near her bed. Her eyes were closed, but the door said she was awake? Didn't they? I guess she must have fallen asleep again.

Choosing to let her rest, I let her stay asleep as I chose to stare at her. It felt too long. She had a bandage around her head and a long scar on her forehead, there were dark circles under her beautiful eyes and her face looked pale. It was so scarred, I can't even tell you about her body. The anger disapparated just as it had come over my body. She may have looked lifeless, the way that the needle pierced into her soft skin may have looked sickening, but to me, she was as beautiful as ever. The scars didn't matter. Not to me.

I couldn't resist so I took her tiny right hand in my large ones and held them tight, savouring the feeling. "You don't know how scared I was, I thought I lost you" I whispered, my eyes became watery. My vision blurred and as soon as I blinked, two hot tears streamed down my face.

I quickly looked away. I wasn't sure of what to do, but holding her hand gave me solace, I just knew that I was never going to leave her again. I can't risk a separation. I don't want to feel like I have been feeling this past couple of days. The whirlwind of emotions.

"I missed you too Xavi" I heard a sweet Angelic whisper and my head shot up. She had her eyes open with a small smile plastered on her face.

Erica was smiling at me, my love was smiling. Her soft face made my heart swell up and I knew that things were going to be alright.