Life's shit

Hey people, sorry im updating from my new phone so pleassseee ignore  all spelling mistakes!!
__________________________________________________________________________________

*ERICA POV*

"Can you tell me why the fuck you are sleeping whilst at work" His eyes screamed murder. I guess I would be added to the list of people getting fired today.

"I-I'm sorry. I truly am, I was exhausted and I've got a banging headache and no painkillers so I thought I would close my eyes to calm it down... and that's when you walked in and I am.. I'm sorry. I wasn't sleeping, though. I -" I blurted out. I thought to just leave it there. I wanted to plead my case before he had a chance to but in and say the dreaded words. I looked down at my feet, feeling truly ashamed.

You know that feeling when you're caught red-handed doing something wrong?

Yup, that's what I'm feeling right now.

It was quiet now, but I didn't look up. I didn't want to see his face.

"Erica, look here" I obeyed and looked up.

"Come here Erica" He pointed towards space in front of him and I followed his command like a puppy.

"Xavier I'm sorry I was just, I mean..." I didn't know what to say or do besides apologizing. This job meant the world to me.

"I'm sorry Erica" Xavier stopped me before I could say anything else.

Excuse me, what just happened?

He placed two fingers beneath my chin and made me look up into his mesmerizing eyes. I just wanted to groan there and then, this close proximity was dissolving my anger towards him and I hated that he had this effect on me.

Can he please not look so hot?? Please??

Leaning in towards me, he whispered, "Sorry for throwing those files at you" breaking down the last defences I had put in place. What is he doing to me?

"Um-I-I...It's okay..." Was all I could say, well stutter. It seems he could affect both my motor and cognitive abilities, which wasn't good news. I don't understand how someone so mean could be so irresistible at times. Why is he making me so nervous? He shouldn't be having this effect on me.

"Am I making you nervous?" He chuckled, making me want to crawl into a corner and hide for eternity. Am I that wrapped up in his game that he can read my mind?

"Why are you laughing" I whispered. What was he finding so amusing?

"Cause you are red like a tomato right now." And there was the answer.

No freaking way! Erica No! Stop!

"God, you look so cute like this" He groaned as he placed his head on mine.

Adamant to put him in his place, I spoke, "No I'm not red and you're annoying me" I crossed my arms. But, clearly I didn't affect him because he laughed again.

"Am I really annoying you?" His tone suddenly serious.

"No I mean- Yes you were, but then no I" Whilst apologising and with the discomfort of how he made me feel whilst I apologized, I began walking back and away from him. But to my dismay, I ended up falling on my bum. And this is when that inconsiderate bastard fell on the floor laughing his ass off. I think I prefer when he was serious and mean.

Having had enough of his antics, I shouted, "Stop laughing!" I was beyond embarrassed and annoyed. Thinking this to be a game or something, he continued to laugh, if not more.

Sick psychopathic bastard.

Before he could even say anything or stop me, I stormed out of my cabin, leaving him on the floor and went straight to Liz. I really need to talk to someone and get my frustration out and she was the only one I could think of.

As soon as I got there I saw a little girl aged around five crying. She was holding a toy teddy bear in her hand as she used the other hand to wipe way her tears.

My heart melted watching her cry, I just wanted to cheer her up again. I must warn you, I'm not really good with kids but, I guess I can, at least, make her smile. With that, I walked straight to her and bent down on my knees so that I was on her level. Eye contact is always a good thing.

"Hey, little princess why are you crying?" I questioned.

"My...uncle's...gone...missing" She was hysterical as she sobbed. I was surprised that no one had come to talk to her yet. But I couldn't deny how cute she looked which was bad of me.

"Well, princess you should not be here. Can I tell you something?"

"What" She wailed.

Glad that I had caught her attention, I spoke, "there's a monster who's roaming around this building and he can eat anyone up." I must admit, I know it was not the best thing to say to a kid, but I did say that I wasn't good with kids. But I was just trying to make her laugh. I guess it was a bad move because she started crying even more.

"Will he eat me...up... also" She began crying hysterically again.

"What? No! I mean, not really he's just pretty scary." I tried to rectify the mess I had made.

"What does he look like?" She again had calmed down, but she sniffled every now and then. A great idea came to mind, let me tell her what Xavier looks like to me.

Just picture me rubbing my hand together and laughing evilly.

"Well he's tall and has big feet, he has big round red eyes and he's always yelling at people. He has no feelings and is incredibly annoying" I tried to keep it as PG as possible but with maximum effect.

"He thinks he's the best, and guess what? He's not. He is weird, you know what" I crouched down more so that I was almost whispering, "he is almost the weirdest and scariest person on earth." I must say I was satisfied with my description.

"He sounds awful" The little kid looked shocked, I was too when I thought about our first encounter. I guess I scared her a little much more than I intended to.

"Yup, he is awful. By the way, what is your name princess?'' I asked changing the topic. As much as I would have loved to rant to her about the monster, I needed to find her parents.

"My name is Anabelle, Anabelle Manhattan. What's yours?" This was the second time of the day where I wanted to crawl into a corner for all eternity. I sure do know how to pick people to talk to.

No No No! I did not hear her say that? No way! She cannot be a Manhattan!

"Oh, I'll tell you her name Belle, Her name is Erica Dixon." I groaned at hearing the all too familiar voice that belonged to the one and only Xavier Manhattan. He sure chooses great times to make an arrival.

My life's shit.

"Xavi uncle!!" Anabelle ran towards him and hugged him. What? Uncle?! Are you kidding me! I think I need to prepare for my departure now.

Correction.

My life's double shit.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Ohhhhhhh shes in trouble
How did you like it?
Comment
Vote
Heart :*
Loveeeeee you