Chapter 28. Fighting vs. Running

(gasp i have a chapter done wow)

POV: BiffaPlays
Location: The Nether

It was silent and tense. Everyone was waiting for someone to say something. Maybe a 'how could you?!' or a curse word, or an attack of some kind.

But no one expected laughing.

Everyone turned to Grian, who was laughing so hard he was bent over. I almost facepalmed, but Grian deserves a chance to explain.

"What's so funny?" Steve asked, face expressing confusion. Grian took a deep breath, an attempt to recollect himself. It was half successful.

"I- Notch, you're basically asking for it." Grian managed gasped.

"For what." Notch demanded, the air around him rippling in agitation. Grian only laughed harder, if that was possible.

"B-being called called K-Karen-" I covered my mouth, pressing my lips together. Many others did also. It's not everyday you hear someone calling the creator or Minecraft... Karen.

"Do not call me that pathetic name!" Notch yelled.

"We've got Kyle and Kevin... now we have Karen!" Grian exclaimed. Notch growled, aiming his hand at the Prime Admin. Grian dropped to the floor, and a second after that, the wall exploded.

That makes it much harder than it should be. Notch's magic is clear. We won't be able to see where it is unless you see the subtle ripple in the air.

I felt another shot of magic fly past me, aiming at Steve and Grian. The latter two blasted back, guessing where the magic was.

They guessed right, and their magic collided.

The amount of raw magic that was emitting from the legends and Prime Admin was too much for normal players to handle. Most of the Hermits collapsed to the ground, unconscious. Tango, however, stumbled into me, somehow still conscious.

"How are you-" I started. He weakly grinned, hand glowing with a red flame.

"Only in this world." He said, standing up with my support. I suddenly held up a shield, deflecting an incoming beam of white magic. It was deflected into the ceiling, where most of my magic goes.

The magic that was deflected hit the roof. A part that was supporting an area of the room. It started to cave in, falling on top of an unsuspecting Notch.

The part of the roof that was hit collapsed on top of him, burying him under a large pile of rubble and debris. Grian skidded to a halt closer to where most of us have gathered, slightly panting.

"We can't fight him here." He determined. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.

"What will we do?! We can't leave the others here!" Tango argued. Steve nodded, biting his lip nervously.

"Tango's right. However, if Notch does what he usually does, he'll go for us first. He always saves the easier things for later. It's harder to deal with people who fight than unconscious people." Steve said, anxiously looking at the pile of rubble.

"Plus," Steve continued. "We can easily out his plan. Unconscious people ain't gonna do that right now." The pile of debris shifted, showing signs of life.

"We have to get out of this room. Out into the open space would be fine, preferably near the lava." Xisuma added, starting to turn. We nodded.

The pile of rubble and debris exploded as we started to leave the room.

"Where do you think you're going, admins?" Notch asked, sneering. I slammed the door, shaking the fortress. Everyone scattered, running down the maze of halls. I pulled Tango up when he tripped, pushing him in front of me. I heard Notch coming closer every step I took.

It was like a horror movie, running away from something that you knew would eventually find you. In this case, it's Karen. As I ran, the only things I heard were my boots clicking on the bricks, and my heart pounding in my ears.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Notch turn the corner into the hallway I was in. He grinned at me, raising a hand. I quietly cursed under my breath, fully knowing this could be my end.

I looked for a close exit.

No, I was in the middle of the hall.

A few projectiles came my way, tips glowing white.

I ducked, causing them to impale the wall all the way over yonder.

They unstuck and turned.

I cursed under my breath. They started to head towards me again.

The only way out that wouldn't cause a perma-death...

Was through the window.

I sighed and quickly blasted the fence that closed it off.

I dove out said window just as the weapons passed my spot.

I was very high up, free falling into a huge pool of lava. Great. I can't fly.

Just as I was about to hit the lava, a hand grabbed by wrist, stopping my with a grunt.

"Thanks, Steve." I wheezed, heart beating in an irregular pattern.

"Anytime." He grunted back, dropping me onto the netherrack. He landed next to me, putting his hands on his knees and breathing hard. He looked at me with disbelief.

"Now, what possessed you to do that?" Steve asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe the fact that one- no, scratch that. Several perma-death weapons were heading my way?"

"You're right." He sighed.

"And since when can you fly?"

"Since I got my magic back from... him." Steve said, looking away. Before either of us could do anything else, an explosion in one of the halls over the lava blew up. Someone fell out of the hole, but managed to grasp the edge, hanging on for dear life. A silver glow surrounded them, slowly moving the brick to support him. Another figure flew out of the hole, yellow hair stained with different colors of blood.

"Tango-" I almost screamed. He was free falling, not moving at all. No waving arms, no scream, nothing.

He was unconscious.

"Steve, we have to-"

"On it." He stretched his hand out, a drop of sweat rolling down his face. Tango's fall slowed, much to our relief. Steve brought him over, setting him aside in a safe place. He was hidden from sight.

I looked back towards the fortress.

Xisuma started to fall, hand slipping from the edge. He fell, nothing stopping him. I tried to slow him down, but I don't have enough magic to do so. Xisuma, in a flash of panic, took a spare diamond sword out and stabbed it into the wall, slowing his fall. It scraped through the bricks, eventually coming to a stop. He took out another sword, stabilizing himself with the two swords.

Notch flew out of the hole in the wall, not seeing Xisuma, who was hanging on the side of the fortress. Notch landed on the coastline of where the lava started and the netherrack ended. He looked towards me, a slight grin on his face. I wasn't able to react before he flicked his wrist.

I slammed into a cliff side, much harder than all those times before. My vision had dark spots in it. It wasn't before long when the sound faded and everything went black.

(1182 words)

(i know its a bit rushed.)