Chapter 22. Can Only Hope

POV: GoodTimesWithScar
Location: Hermitcraft

I shot up in my bed, gasping for air. The area around stomach was sore. My communicator beeped as I noticed that I respawned in my base. I looked at my communicator, seeing that False was here and... Wels just respawned.

<FalseSymmetry> can you guys come to my base?

<Welsknight> of course.

<GoodTimesWithScar> yes, on my way.

I answered. I sighed, strapping an extra elytra onto my back.

It felt like ages since I have been on this server. It was probably only a few days at the most. As I approached False's base, I saw two figures standing there already. I guess I took longer because I was admiring the server again.

I landed in front of False's base, sitting on the grassy area with the other two.

"Hi." I said, greeting the other two.

"Hey, Scar." Wels said, somewhat crestfallen.

"Hello." False said.

"So... that- happened." I said, sentence broken with weird pauses. The other two didn't say anything, but they did smile.

"Well, if you think about it, now we can say we've been to Hell." I joked. The other two chuckled quietly.

"What do you propose we do now?" False asked in a quiet tone.

"We have to go back. We have to help them." Wels said.

"Wels, we can't." I hesitated, frowning.

"But- w-we have to go back to help them! Do you not see how injured everyone was?" Wels sputtered. I shook my head, running a hand through my hair. False leaned back, adjusting her goggles.

"No, we won't make it on time. Do you know where the portal is? Do you remember the way back to the throne room? Remember all the demons in the fortress? No doubt there are more. We can't go back. Besides, Grian and Xisuma wouldn't want us to get hurt again." I explained, picking at the grass I sat on.

The three of us shared uncertain looks.

"We have to hope they live through it." False whispered.

(333 words)