Chapter 13. Sidelines

(yall had good guesses with the mystery person. youll find out next chapter, which will be out sooner than a week)

(Warning: Mentions getting drunk but it doesn't happen. Mentions PTSD also.)

POV: Third Person
Location: The Nether

"Mumbo. Mumbo, are you alright with taking care of Tango?" Bdubs asked Mumbo when he got close. The man in question nodded

"Alright. I'm going to bring Impulse and Zedaph over so they aren't in danger." Mumbo nodded, not taking his eyes off of the healing Tango.

Bdubs approached the two unconscious men. He was a strong person, so he was able to carry them one at a time over his shoulders. He laid them close to Mumbo and Tango, carefully but quickly.

"Tango... what happened?" Mumbo quietly asked. Tango breath became shaky.

"I... I don't want to talk about it." Mumbo nodded, understanding.

"Do Impulse and Zedaph have any injuries?"

"You know, their minds may be broken, so that may be a problem when they wake up." Tango snapped. His expression softened as he sighed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I... well, it was just a bad time earlier. Traumatizing, even. I'd be surprised if... they didn't have some sort of PTSD or something... it was horrible, what Herobrine did."

"I can assume it was a mental thing more than a physical thing." Mumbo said. Tango looked at him with an exasperated expression.

"Well duh, did you not pick that up earlier?" Tango asked. Mumbo rolled his eyes, muttering an apology.

The room shook, due to magic being thrown all over the place. Mumbo and Bdubs instictivly ducked, though nothing was being thrown our way. Keralis join them, not saying anything. Apparently he had tripped over something, since he had some dust on his side.

Bdubs took out a few healing potions out, wetting a cloth with the pink liquid. Bdubs pressed it to Impulse's visible cuts and bruises, then moving onto Zedaph.

Mumbo tried to hand Tango another healing potion, but Tango declined it.

"Are you like... a medic? Are you allowed to do that? Another healing potion and I'll burn inside. Are you trying to get me drunk with a healing potion or something?" Tango asked, slight amusement in his voice. Mumbo huffed.

"I'm just trying to help."

"By getting me drunk on healing potions."

"No! Oh for crying out loud, I'm not trying to get you drunk." Mumbo insisted, setting the potion down.

"Kidding, sorry." Tango muttered, setting his head back onto the stone he was lying on. We sat in silence, watching the battle and dodging incoming magic. They were basically ordered to protect the injured, and they didn't dare go against the Prime Admin.

They observed in awe as Xisuma and Grian blasted Herobrine's shield, making it look like a scene from a movie. They watched in horror as Herobrine blasted everyone away and started a ritual-like spell thing.

When the figure appeared, they were beyond surprised. And by the looks of it, so was the figure.

Bdubs, Mumbo, and Tango shared a worried look. The next few hours would be destruction, destruction, and destruction.

And they were not looking forward to it.

(529 words)