Chapter 30. Departure

(you thought that was the end? >:))

POV: Third Person
Location: The Nether

"Hypixel, get the others. They're in that room where most of the top is blown off." Grian commanded, tiredly pointing to the fortress. Hypixel nodded, spreading his wings and flying over. Other admins followed with elytras.

In a safe area where no one would have looked, Tango stood up. He looked around in confusion, but didn't say anything. He looked extremely dizzy, and seemed like he was going to throw up.

Grian breathed a sigh of relief, laying his head on the rough netherrack floor. A sound of shuffling reached Grian's ears. However, he was too tired to look.

"Grian, get over here!" Steve yelled, holding the a of pure power with shaky hands. Grian looked over at the legend, comprehending what Steve was trying to do.

"What? No, I can't. I don't want the power." Grian refused, staying away. He painfully got to his feet. His hands were shaking and he was slowly stepping backwards.

"You have to, because no one else can!" Steve insisted. Grian shook his head again.

"Xisuma's a Tier Argentum. Give it to him." Xisuma stepped back, fear in his eyes. He clearly did not want it.

"If we don't split the magic, he will die. Do you want to kill Xisuma? Anyone under Prime Admin will die! Their soul will literally explode!" Steve insisted.

"Then split it."

"Grian, you're not understanding. This was Notch's magic. He was the creator of Minecraft. We can't split it, or Minecraft too, will split." Xisuma put a hand on Grian's back and pushed him forward. He winced, his wings getting pressed.

"Grian, it's the only way..." Xisuma muttered into his ear. Grian frowned, narrowing his eyes.

"Then how in the Nether did you survive it?" Grian asked Steve, trying to stay still.

"Because I used to be a member of the Higher Powers. I still was, and I survived because I was accustomed to the magic. I had less power because Herobrine took most of it." Steve stepped forward.

"Does that mean I will be a Higher Power member?"

"Yes-" Grian shook his head.

"Then no, I don't want it." He said again.

"Grian, the Nether will explode. Isn't that your job, to protect Minecraft? Is it protecting if you let part of it explode because you didn't take the power no one else could take?"

"Why don't you take it?"

"Because I already have it! I have no more room for this. I. Will. Die. Though I have mine and Herobrine's magic in me at this very moment, Notch was much more powerful."

"Grian. Please." Xisuma said. Tango nodded as Grian looked towards him for help. He sighed, reluctantly and begrudgingly stepping forward.

"Alright, I don't know what the end result will be, but you will live." Steve reassured. Grian started to shake slightly, but didn't say anything.

Steve put his left hand on Grian's shoulder, holding the ball of energy in his right hand. Steve carefully pushed the energy into Grian's chest.

At first, nothing happened.

Then the pain.

It was unbearable. To Grian, it felt like he was getting stabbed with a thousand hot knives all over the place. He didn't scream though, somehow.

What was happening? Magic overload.

Sweat started to drip down Grian's face in vast amounts. Scars on his chest started to appear, forming into Galactic characters. They glowed with a blue light, the same color as his eyes.

Grian finally gasped a strangled sounding gasp, eyes glazing. His eyes rolled back into his head, knees buckling. Steve caught him, slowly and carefully lowering him to the ground.

Xisuma and Tango rushed forward, worried looks on their faces. Fireworks sounded in the distance as admins approached the group.

"Is he alright?" Xisuma asked, kneeling down next to the Prime Admin. Steve nodded, though uncertainty sat on his face.

"I believe so. This is how it was when I saw the other person get their powers. I passed out, I know that." The admins landed, carrying the rest of the very confused Hermits. They were awake, probably came to when Notch was killed.

Chatter filled the area, but Steve wasn't listening to anyone. He was focused on the Hermits and their interactions.

Xanthus put a hand on Xisuma's shoulder. Tango limped over to Zedaph and Impulse, hugging them tight. Tango still had a broken leg, and he fought through all of that?

"What happened to Grian?" Hypixel asked. Steve turned to Hypixel, who seemed unnerved because of the legend's presence.

"I'll explain when he wakes, because frankly, I don't want to repeat myself five times over."

"Valid reason." Hypixel agreed. He looked at the other admins and medics. The medics were hard at work healing the ones who need it the most. They would, of course, fully head the admins when they get back to the HQ infirmary.

"Let's go." Steve grunted, standing up. He was carrying Grian over his shoulder without effort. He started walking towards the portal. Many Hermits and admins followed. Someone got Biffa, who was still unconscious.

"... Was that really Herobrine back there?" An admin asked. Xisuma mentally facepalmed. Steve whipped around, an almost broken look in his eyes.

"Yes, now let's leave because if we don't I'm blowing up your HQ." He threatened.

"You wouldn't-" Steve held a hand up.

"I stabbed my own brother. Blowing up a building I helped build is nothing compared to that." He hissed, turning away and continuing his path. The other admins sighed at the stupidity of the other admin.

To the side were the Void twins who, at this point, were a mess of emotion.

"I'll... I'll try to visit." Xisuma muttered to his brother. Xanthus smiled.

"Please do, Kyle can get boring sometimes." Xanthus snarked. His communicator beeped.

"Speaking of him, he says, 'Sorry for not being able to stay alive to help out with the rest.'" Xisuma nodded, pulling Xanthus into a hug.

"Oh ew, you're all bloody. That's going to get on my armor." Xanthus laughed. Xisuma sniffed, looking to the side.

"Aw, is someone getting emotional?" Xanthus smiled a gentle smile. Xisuma lightly punched his brother in the shoulder. Xanthus slipped Xisuma helmet off for the first time in a while. Xisuma cleared his throat, looking away again to hide the tear sliding down his cheek. The red cladded Void twin wiped the tear away with his thumb, smearing the blood that was on his face.

"Take care, alright? Don't do anything stupid, don't fall into the void because bad thing happen, don't get a chadiler dropped on your head, don't trip over something like a pebble, don't choke on a carrot, don't get thrown out a hole in a wall, don't-" Xisuma covered his brother's mouth to stop his rambling.

"Okay okay okay I get it." They smiled at each other.

"If you haven't noticed, Kyros has done all of those things." Xanthus quickly added. Xisuma chuckled, walking with his brother to the portal.

"Come visit. You said you would." Xanthus said.

"Of course." Xisuma nodded.

"See you soon, then." Xanthus said, waving at his brother. Xisuma disappeared through the portal.

He was the last of the admins to leave the Nether.

(1208 words)

(i know this is a really messy chapter, im sorry about that)