Chapter 18. Fighting a Losing Battle

POV: Grian
Location: Somewhere in the Nether

I rolled to the side, pushing the legend away from me with a pathetic whimper. Herobrine got to his feet, while I laid on the hot Netherrack, clutching my side and clawing the ground. Dear God, it hurt like nothing ever before. Then add the wing pain, which was ten times worse. I still felt it even though they were hidden. I have no idea how I will get them out again.

Herobrine laughed at me, a mock pity look on his face.

"Aww, is the Prime Admin hurt? How did you even get the rank if you can't handle a cut in the side?" He teased. I hissed, not being able to say anything. My teeth were tightly clenched together. The heat against the injury, how far in the cut is, movement... it was impossible to speak because it hurt so much. I tried to drag myself away, but as I was doing so, I was scraping my side and hurting myself more. My blood stained the already red Netherrack and soaked into the ground.

"You made this easier than it should have been." Herobrine started. I staggered to my feet, using a raised Netherrack block as support. I was breathing hard, lungs burning like I just drank lava. Herobrine started at me with a dead look in his eyes. The glow flashed before returning to it's normal color.

"This really should be easy." He said. "As... well, last time you were touched with dark yet pure magic, you got severely burned." His gaze dropped to my shoulders. I sneered, sending Herobrine constant shots of magic. He dodged, deflected, and sometimes got hit with it. I managed to push him back to the edge of the cliff we were standing on.

Herobrine glared at me, his golden blood dripping from the shots he failed to avoid.

I sent another shot at him. He avoided it by backflipping off the cliff...

And floated there.

I grumbled under my breath. I had forgotten that he could do that. I've forgotten he could basically fly in survival.

He laughed at me, my facial expression betraying what I was thinking.

I stepped to the side, avoiding a blast of magic. Curse Herobrine and his magic that moved twice as fast as mine.

Diving out of the way, I landed on my side with a wince. As I started to get to my feet, Herobrine teleported in front of me and sliced down with his sword. Once again, his bedrock sword sliced through my diamond armor.

My chest was sliced through, a stabbing pain shooting through me. It was unlike any sword wound I have ever gotten. I stumbled backwards, a scream of pain ripping from my throat. I was down to a few hearts left. I had regenerated them when I drank the potions earlier, but the wounds didn't heal.

Herobrine shot a beam of magic towards me. It grazed my shoulder ever so slightly, but it burned hotter than lava. My shoulder started to drip blood and became raw and inflamed. I didn't touch it as I knew it would make it worse.

He started gathering his magic together to blast at me. I did too, but knew that there was a low chance of survival.

The magic surged into my arms, making the streaks on them glow brighter than they have ever been. I sent the golden magic at him as he did with his. I swore my eyes flashed a golden color for a moment. My hearts started to regenerate quickly. Must be a side effect of using a lot of magic.

Herobrine's and my magic collide, shaking the entire world of the Nether. I fell backwards but kept powering the beam I had sent. He looked like he was also struggling, as he was pushed backwards a few blocks. The smug look on his face turned into a frustrated expression.

His magic suddenly overcame mine. I was blasted into another cliff's wall. I cried out in pain. My wings still hurt, which is why I cried out again. Herobrine flew to me, hauling me up by my neck. He lifted me a good ten blocks in the air.

I brought my hands up to his, and tried to pull away. I tried kicking, but I was too weak to do anything.

"You're fighting a losing battle, Grian." Herobrine said.

"I can still try. There's a chance I'll be able to live." I hiss out. He narrowed his eyes, dropping me to the floor. I grunt as I landed, armor clanking together. Herobrine landed a few blocks in front of me. He smirked before holding a glowing hand out.

I tried to scramble away, but my attempts were in vain. He blew up the ground in front of me. I was sent flying at least twenty blocks.

I slammed into the wall. I'm surprised I didn't have a concussion, but I definitely did have a broken leg, cuts, and bruises, and a few broken ribs. I fell to the floor, laying on my side with half a heart, unmoving. It hurt too much, way worse than before. If this will kill me, I hope the Hermits, Steve, and Notch will take care of Herobrine. I had too many injuries for me to count.

Respawning would take too long. I would be too late. Too late...

Herobrine rolled me onto my back with his foot. I couldn't see, however, as my eyes were closed.

"Well, Grian, any last words?" I heard Herobrine ask. I look up at him through blurred eyes. He had his bedrock sword poised above my heart. It glowed with a white light-

"Ah yes, I see you noticed that I charmed it. There is no respawning for you." Herobrine smirked. I tried to scramble away, but he stepped on my chest. I screamed in pain as he put pressure on it. I tried to push him off, but I was too weak to do so.

"You really are a pathetic admin." Herobrine snickered. "But, your time has come. Now, as I was saying earlier, do you have any last words?"

"We'll win, Herobrine. We'll defeat you eventually." I manage to spit out.

"Those last words were pitiful." Herobrine smirked. He started to bring the sword down when five arrows impaled his right side.

(1070 words)