Chapter 17. A Relatively Peaceful Conversation

POV: Third Person
Location: The Nether

"Did they just-" Xanthus asked, still aiming a bow at the Head Watcher.

"Yeah." Xisuma grunted from his spot on the ground. He had a hand on his chest. His ribs were either bruised or broken from the kick. He was breathing slowly to not disturb the injured rib.

"Happen to know where they are?" Cleo asked from across the room, handing another potion to Iskall.

"Nope." Xisuma looked for a healing potion, but realized he gave the last one in his inventory to Grian.

"Oh. Well. What do we do now?" Mumbo asked from where he was. Bdubs nodded, a worried look on his face. Tango laid there, staying still and staring up at the ceiling. Impulse and Zedaph were still unconscious.

"We wait. We can't do anything. They could be anywhere in the Nether right now, considering how Grian accidentally teleported." Xisuma shook his head, plopping a shulker box down. He took a few healing potions out and restocked his inventory. He drank one as everyone continued talking.

"Well, we could question him." Stress said, pointing directly to the Head Watcher. They all turned to him. From under his hood, he scowled.

"What do you expect from me. I know not much else because I was in the dungeon part of the fortress, where it was locked and blocked off. Haven't had much contact with other talking players." Head Watcher said in a monotone voice.

"Then how is your voice just fine?"

"I talk to myself so it doesn't fade away, become raspy, don't work in general, or any other problem that is possible in some way." He simply replied.

"Do you know what Herobrine was planning?" Xisuma asked. Head Watcher shook his head.

"Haven't talked to him since... oh, I don't know. Way before my perma-death. Longer than a year ago, that's for sure." Head Watcher started picking his nails.

"... how long have you known him? You make it seem like forever."

"Watchers follow Herobrine. Not directly, but the ideas he has. They follow me, obviously. Admins follow Notch and Steve. They follow the Prime Admins. The only reason I know Herobrine is because I'm the Watcher's leader, and I've known him for quite a long time. Only few other Watchers have ever even seen Herobrine. Usually they get in trouble or something of that sort." Kyle answered. Steve frowned, but said nothing.

"Why... are you answering these questions without fighting?" Xanthus asked.

"I don't want an arrow through my skull. I don't know where my spawnpoint is, and I take longer to heal from fatal wounds. I prefer to not have a massive headache when I respawn, wherever that may be." He huffed, crossing his arms. Xanthus narrowed his eyes and pulled the bow's string back a little more.

The room shook, startling the occupants in the room. The lights above flickered and the flowing lava splashed out from where they were held. It wasn't enough to be injured, but they still moved closer to each other so they could hear every word.

"What was that?" Keralis asked, looking around in worry.

"I would assume it's Herobrine and Grian fighting, but I can't be too sure. Grian was severely injured. He is not in fighting condition." Steve said.

"It's Grian. He'll fight to his death if it means protecting Minecraft. That's like... his job and flaw." Mumbo said, frowning.

"What would they be doing that would shake the entire fortress?" False asked. Steve had a dark look in his narrowed eyes.

"Who said it was the fortress?" He asked. "If they are fighting, both have the power to take the Nether down." Everyone gawked at him, bar the Head Watcher.

"You mean... they can destroy the Nether and everything inside of it?" Tango asked, a hint of fear evident in his voice.

"Yes. But it's worse than that." Steve started. "You know, just a friendly reminder, Herobrine could destroy Minecraft in a few words with the right materials. Taking down the Nether is nothing to him. He'll take all of Minecraft- and erase it from existence."

(686 words)