Chapter 15. Pain for Everyone

(by the looks of it, this book may be longer than A Watcher's Downfall. is that how it's supposed to work?"

POV: Third Person

Location: The Nether

Grian screamed in pain as he fell to the floor. Blood dripped from his golden and white wing in great amounts.

He turned just in time. The sword didn't cut his wings off. However, it did cut both of his wings quite deep near where they were connected to his back. It would not come off, but would definitely be painful. He was also sliced deeply in his left side.

Grian gasped in pain, trying to drag himself away from the Head Watcher. He hissed at the movement and got nowhere.

Many blocks away, Xisuma scrambled to his feet as Head Watcher brought the sword above Grian's prone figure. He made the rash decision to chuck his sword at the Head Watcher as he wouldn't make it in time. Xisuma threw it so hard that it knocked the Head Watcher's sword out of his hands. Both swords clattered aside, blocks away.

Head Watcher reached for the sword, getting stopped by Xanthus. They looked at each other with indifferent expressions.

Before Xisuma could comment about it, Grian slid his own communicator at him. It was covered in blood, as it was in Grian left pocket, where he was injured.

It would not function again. They would have to get him a new one.

"The... card. Take- take the SD card out of it. I-important things." Grian muttered, wincing in pain. Xisuma nodded, fumbling with the bloodied object to find the SD card.

Said card was not covered in blood, surprisingly. Xisuma slipped it into inventory in a safe spot. He then knelt near Grian, trying to heal him.

"My wings... are they still there?" He asked, breathing hard. He took out a Healing II pod and drank it. It did not look like it helped, since the damage was so severe.

"Yes, they are." Xisuma answered. Grian exhaled in relief. His face was contorted in pain and he was shaking violently.

"I... I can't feel them. H-how deep is the cut? I have a heart left." He added.

"About... half way, maybe a little more." The Tier Argentum admin threw a shield up, deflecting more Watcher magic.

"Great. I don't know if they can heal it."

"Should've brought a medic with us." Xisuma grumbled, tossing another potion at the Head Watcher who was dueling Xanthus. Apparently he had retrieved his sword earlier. The potion hit him in the back and shattered. He yelped in pain, as it was an Instant Damage II potion. He turned to the two, purple eyes flashing. Blood dripped down the side of his face. It was from a light cut due to a sword. Head Watcher wiped the blood away (more smearing it than anything) and sneered at the admins.

Xanthus kicked Head Watcher down. Head Watcher fell to his knees with a surprised look in his eyes. Xanthus swiftly took out a bow and aimed an arrow at his head. Head Watcher froze, feeling the tip lightly brush his hooded head.

"Don't move if you value your life. Dare to teleport, and I'll shoot you through your heart." Xanthus threatened. Head Watcher slowly held his hands up in a surrendering position, pushing his sword away from him.

"Wasn't planning on it." Though they couldn't see his face because of the shadow casted on his face from his hood, they knew that his expression was one of fear.

On the other side of the room, the two legendary brother dueled using just their bedrock swords. It was like a dance, each strike making contact with the other sword. The flips and rolls, the jumps and ducks, the strikes and blocks, the cuts and slices. They were a dangerous type of pretty, much like the flame from a fire.

Herobrine tripped Steve, causing his brother to fall to the floor with a thump. Though he was in pain, Grian sent a steady stream of admin magic at Herobrine, catching him off guard. Herobrine turned, smirking at the fallen Prime Admin.

"Bold of you to do that, Grian. You're severely injured. You think you can challenge me? You dare to challenge the greatest Minecraft legend?" He taunted. Grian staggered to his feet, holding his side injury. He painfully tucked his wings into his back with a quiet yelp, where they have been hidden for many years. He took a shaky breath.

"If challenging you means that Minecraft will be saved, then yes, I do dare to challenge you."

"Well well, come one then." Herobrine smirked, readying his sword.

"I will, eventually. But I do say, punching would be a good way to start."

"What-" Herobrine turned. Big mistake on his part. Steve punched Herobrine really hard in the face. Herobrine stumbled back, grasping his face.

"How in the Nether did you not get knocked out?" Iskall yelled from the other side of the room. Grian saw False hit Iskall in the arm, muttering in his ear.

Steve scrambled over to the admins' side. He had red and golden blood all over him, but no visible bleeding cuts. The blood must be from healed cuts or Herobrine's or the player's blood.

Herobrine smirked, wiping the golden blood from the corner of his lips. He only had a few injuries, including the one on his back from Steve, and the one one his arm from Xisuma. Other scratches were scattered across his skin.

He approached the admins and Steve, who readied their swords and their hands (for magic). Both threw up a strong shield when Herobrine's magic came their way. It was so bright it was blinding. They had to squint their eyes, and at one point, cover them with the other hand.

Since the shield was only to prevent the magic from getting to them, Herobrine suddenly stepped out with a grin on his face, slicing with his sword. They yelped and jumped back, startled. They dove different ways to avoid the blast of magic since their shields fell. Grian yelped again, clawing at the ground from the amount of pain that was in his body. Xisuma tried to scramble towards the Prime Admin, but he was kicked and injured because of Herobrine.

Steve blasted Herobrine back with a weak amount of magic before Herobrine could do anything else. Though it was weak, Herobrine still flew backwards...

... Straight at Grian, who was still hurt.

Herobrine was knocked into the smaller Hermit, falling to the floor.

They were slightly stunned, and were half on top of each other.

And in a moment of sheer panic and a pure pain, Grian accidentally teleported himself and Herobrine elsewhere.

(1103 words)