Chapter 25. Legends Never Die

(death. and violence. and implied swearing, but doesnt actually happen. but mainly death.)

POV: Xisumavoid
Location: The Nether

It was an easier fight, for sure. We didn't really have to worry about Kyle, as he showed he was on our side. However, many other Hermit's didn't believe him and still was suspicious. I wouldn't blame them. He destroyed many servers, including large ones, he injured many players, and was a bad person in general when he was living.

From what I could see, Kyros was a good fighter. He knew when to dodge, when to shoot, when to dive away, or when to jump. He'd be a good ally to have in the future, if he isn't faking this side switch.

I jumped to the left as a potion missed and land in my area. Thankfully, no, I wasn't hit. I sent a blast at Herobrine, getting one sent back at me. I dodged the silver magic that was deflected back at me, jumping closer to other people who were conversing and fighting.

Cub was distancing himself from Kyros. It was a slightly comical sight, as they were moving around but staying away from each other, as if they were the same sides of two different magnets coming close to each other.

"I can't say I trust or forgive you." Cub said, avoiding a stray arrow. Kyros nodded, understanding. He jumped over a stray trident and threw a potion towards Herobrine.

"Didn't expect anyone to, really." Kyros said.

"But," Cub continued. "I am willing to work with you for now, until this is over."

"That's fine with me-" Kryos stepped in front of Cub, spinning and catching an arrow out of the air. Had he not caught it, Cub would have been impaled.

"See Xanthus! I can time things correctly!" Kyros excitedly called out, looking towards Xanthus. My brother rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Shut up, Kyle." Xanthus replied, shooting another arrow. It impaled Herobrine in the leg, causing him to yelp in pain. He turned around with a glare, but got blasted in the back with Grian's magic.

"Fine. You're no fun." Kyros said, stepping out of the way as the legend he once looked up to was thrown past him. Herobrine stood up, redirecting a handful of soaring arrows at me. I ducked, but they turned and came for me again. I conjured a shield, stopping the arrows from impaling me. I sighed in relief as they fell to the ground.

Herobrine, though, really likes his blasts, doesn't he?

We were pushed away, but not flung. We fell backwards, surprised because of how sudden it was. Before we could react, Herobrine appeared a few blocks in front of Kyle.

"You've been a thorn in my side for a while now, Kyros." Herobrine sneered. He lifted his fist, causing the ground to throw Kyros into the air. Herobrine hurled a glowing sword at Kyros, then sent Kyros into a wall.

It was the wall that had a huge hold in it. It led to the outside.

Kyros soared through the air, yelling in pain as the sword impaled him in the side. He fell through the hole, hanging on the side with his bloody hands. He tried to pull himself up-

But slipped.

Everyone heard a loud expletive echo through the Nether.

Our communicators sounded, letting us know a perma-death had happened.

It happened so fast no one had time to react as Herobrine started to attack again.

"You know, he was so mad that he was basically killed by a chandelier when he first arrived here." Xanthus said casually, diving away to avoid a beam of magic. I hit Xanthus on the arm, smearing blood.