Parker

Business was booming and I was excited to add on a personal assistant to help me stay as organized as possible, something my staff had been begging for me to do for a few years now. A Ms. Amari Jones was starting today and I hoped she was as reliable and efficient as her resume suggested.

Interviews had been done by my business secretary and assistant event coordinator, Pearl, so today would be the first time I met my new PA.

I stood in front of my mirror checking out my appearance before I left. My blonde locks were artfully slicked back, they were getting longer than I usually kept them. I had been slacking in my personal upkeep. Too busy to worry about anything other than my business. Same with the five o clock stubble, it was starting to turn into a beard and that better suited my crazy best friend, Rhyne's aesthetic.

I put on a loose white tee and tan linen pants with my white slip on shoes, bringing everything together. Today was an office day. I had no outside clients to meet or sites to see. I tried to spend one day a week at the office making sure things ran smoothly from all aspects. I was busy so much it happened more like once a month. Just another reason for the addition. I would be orienting my new PA and setting up appointments for later during the week so my casual appearance, I hoped made me look a bit less imitading as a boss. I had been accused on a few blogs of appearing stern and meticulous. I supposed this was mostly true.

I tried on most days to downplay my wealth and connections because staying humble was important to me. I often failed miserably. My condo was modest at least in comparison to Rhyne and Jackson's sprawling mansions. I preferred saving to spending although I did have a few expensive hobbies here and there.

I decided I was as put together as I was going to be. My relaxed appearance was a facade I was uptight and I didn't like change. So while I was excited for the new hire I also had a minute amount of anxiety, I took the elevator down to the garage leaving my condo earlier than necessary so that I would be better prepared for the day. I was always early and today was no exception. I planned for the unknown and unexpected it was just my nature. Its part of what made me not only great at my job but also excel at it.

My commute was short from the 20 story high rise condo building and I pulled up to my office and parked my BMW in my reserved spot. I was humble but Parker Productions was my baby so it earned me a spot of my own too.

It was 7:15am and I was roughly 45 minutes early and Amari shouldn't be here for another 30 minutes or so after that. That gave me plenty of time to get some work done and organize my day and meetings.

Parker Productions had events laid out for months. Charity events, private parties, weddings, retirements, etc. we did everything and if we hadn't done it before we made sure to figure out how to do it now and do it right. With the help of Jackson and Rhyne I become the most sought after event planner in all the major big cities in the US but I worked primarily on the west coast.

Rhy, Jackie and I invested in each other building our wealth up to set us up for life. It had always been our joint goal despite our very different career paths. And unlike Rhyne and Jackson I didn't come from money the way they did. I initially had always felt a little out of place at their swanky get togethers. Their families threw balls for weekend fun. But  it's how I got into this business to begin with. If you can't beat them join them as the saying goes. So I did it in the form of elaborate productions for their events.

Wealthy people loved nothing more than shit for free and big expensive parties.

This was difficult enough as a straight man. And many questioned my sexual status though it was presumptuous of them. Not that that mattered to me. They could think whatever they wanted to about the private life I led.  However one grand party led to another and here I was. The most all inclusive event planner on the west coast. And we were only expanding.

I settled into my office and started my daily morning routine, I turned on the coffee maker, and started up my computer. My calendar auto loaded on my desktop so that I could plan ahead. The calendar was a constant companion. Keeping track of my events was a full time job in and of itself. Lexie and Rhys wedding was barely over and now they wanted to throw a Memorial Day party for themselves, their friends and their family. The first of many parties I guessed as husband and wife. With my brothers from other mothers it was always a personal endeavor so I handled their events myself and now, with luck, the help of Amari.

On top of my personal events, now that April was near over wedding season was officially here and it was about to get crazier with my schedule. I took my damn scheduler to bed more than I had a woman of late. The thought made me realize I needed help now more than ever.

I was grateful that Amari could start soon and I was excited if not a bit anxious about the changes to come.

I was intrigued by her too. Her resume suggested that a personal assistant was really not her end goal. She had a degree in marketing with a minor in hospitality management but her resume was one of the first I had chosen. Something about it just caught my eye.

She was somewhat over qualified for the position but she understood the business. Even though she didn't have much, if any PA experience there was something about her that my staff had liked too. I respected their choice. I hoped she would be an asset to the whole operation not just to me. She was young and full of new ideas. Maybe if this worked out, her foot would be in the door for bigger things here, something I'm sure she thought of as well. It was similar to my own personal views and I respected that.

I opened up all my other programs and got started for the day.