Beware X Of X Prisoners

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures... Vast riches... Hidden treasures... Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands... The world "unknown" holds magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known... as Hunters!

The Third Phase of the exam is taking place at Trick Tower, a prison for long-term prisoners. Ayami, Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, and Tonpa have chosen to partake in a battle with some of the prisoners. Due to Tonpa's actions, they've already suffered one loss. The next round, will be Gon against Sedokan.

"Now then... As you can see, I'm not very strong. I don't really enjoy fistfights or other physical activities such as running and jumping." Sedokan started saying.

"I do. But I'm not good at using my head." Gon answered honestly.

"As I thought. So I came up with a simple game we can both play."

"A game?"

"Yes. It doesn't rely on either mental or physical activity."

"What kind of game?"

Sedokan pulled out candles from his pockets. "We each light a candle at the same time. The person whose candle goes out first will be the loser. What do you think?"

"Yeah! That's easy to understand. Let's go with that." Gon said cheerfully. Ayami looked at him with interest. Why does Killua find him so interesting when he's so predictable? But, he is quite charming in his own way I suppose.

"Okay. In that case... decide which candle you want to use." Sedokan said holding up to different sizes, one short and the other long. "Press O for the long one, or X for the short one. This will be determined by majority rule."

"We have to choose one? This is a trap." Leorio said suspicious of the prisoner.

"Normally, you'd choose the long one, so he might have tampered with the long one..." He said pointed out to the group.

"That would be the safe assumption. But it might be a trick, and he's actually tampered with the short one." Kurapika argued.

"When you put it like that..." Leorio retorted.

"Yes. There is no end..." Kurapika said looking at Ayami who kept on staring at Gon. "What do you think Tsukiko?"

"I think... Either way, the prisoner will have the upper hand and might have the advantage of the situation by having a safe option in his pockets if they've been tampered with. He might simply switch them out when he gives a candle to Gon. In truth, there's no way knowing what he will do to win." She said while looking at the man. She knew it was safe to assume he had a backup version of the candle Gon doesn't choose to guarantee another win.

"This is resulting into a real dilemma. Any hesitation because of this suspicion could make us choose wrong." Kurapika added.

"Take your time. This may be majority rule but you're free to discuss it just like when you were deciding who'd go last. We have plenty of time." Sedokan said sitting down glad he could make them stall.

"Hmm. Hey, which one should I choose?" Gon asked turning around to face the others.

"Damn... Which one should we take?" Leorio said growing impatient. Things grew quiet as no one was able to talk.

"Gon! You decide! We'll abide by your decision. Choose the one you think is the best." Kurapika yelled out breaking the silence.

"Are you sure about this?" Killua asked. "He never thinks anything through."

"Instead of wasting time fretting over what to do, let's rely on Gon's instincts." Kurapika stated.