No X Change

Ayami choked as she tried talking through all her tears and fit of giggles. It's been ages since she saw her identical twin so she felt more emotions at that moment than she has ever had. Looking closer at her brother, she saw thugs hadn't changed much. Sure he grew his hair out but other than that she saw the same Illumi she left all those months ago.

"Aya. Do you know how long you've been missing for?" Illumi asked with his emotionless yet odd voice she grew fond of. She smiled at the nickname he gave her since the time they were the only children. Ayami thought about the question and slowly realized she didn't. Well, not exactly at least. All she knew that it had to be several months. She shook her head no as she looked back at her brother in front of her.

"I know it must have been a couple months. Maybe almost a year I think." She replied awaiting to hear the correct answer.

Illumi sighed and drew her into a hug which was something he rarely did even with her. He quietly whispered, "It's been five years Ayami."

They stood in silence as she tried processing what he just said. Five years? It's been five years since our mission. It's been five years since I had last seen my family. Five years being experimented and tortured upon Ayami thought as tears filled her eyes. She held on Illumi as she thought of all the things she must have missed. Quickly wiping away the tears still falling she sat on her bed and breathed slowly.

"C-can you ta-, can you tell me what's happened since I, since I've b-been gone?" Ayami stuttered out as she tried to keep calm. Her fists were clenched as Illumi looked on with concern.

"From the moment you left everything changed. Our business became less open to people we don't personally have experience with. Grandfather stopped taking care of the gardens and just let the butlers do mending. He only excepts high class assassinations. Father became distant and strict with us. Mother became obsessed and short tempered. Milluki rarely comes out of his room and got fatter as expected." Ayami chuckled when he said this. Illumi smirked a little and continued.

"Killua started acting out so I've been keeping him in check. As for Alluka, still locked up but less visits. Kalluto has been silent only speaking when necessary and has let mother dress him in more feminine clothes though he doesn't seem fazed. That's all really."

Ayami was still surprised. She didn't think her disappearance would had left her family fallen apart and broken. "What about you Illumi? Have you changed?"

He looked at her and smiled a bit. "No. At least I don't think so. I've just taken my role as elder to train everyone else. Other than that, I met someone interesting in the past two or so years. He's odd and peculiar to say the least but I still have a mutual alliance with him."

His monotonous voice soothed Ayami and relaxed her as he finished. She was glad she was back home. But from what Illumi described, things sounded tense. However she shook her head out of it and started thinking more on how life would be now. With luck, she just might live back to a normal life. Well, normal for an assassin.

Her stomach ached a little bit she tried hiding it from her twin. To no surprise, Illumi could tell she was hungry. "What do you want to eat? I'm guessing something light considering you won't be able to stomach much right now."

"I can walk on my own you know," she said as she tried standing and headed towards the door before collapsing within her first step, "Okey, maybe help me a little."

She looked away, hating the fact she was in a weak state. She couldn't wait till she got better and showed everyone she still was strong. Illumi sighed as he carried her back to the bed and asked once again what she wanted to eat.

"Just get something plain. Some toast, tea, and oatmeal is fine," Ayami whispered as she drank the water on her small table. Illumi left as soon as she finished to get the food from the kitchen.

She looked around the dimly lit room seeing how much dust had gathered over the years. Nothing had changed except the amount of dust. Her clothes sat in her closet and shoes still by the wall. Her books were littered on the floor and table just like she left them. Her family really must have taken her privacy seriously which she was glad for. She observed herself from the large mirror close to the closet doors. She felt angry at her state looking so bruised and beaten. Her hair was brushed, probably by Illumi, and noticed how long it was. Ayami notes her split ends but didn't necessarily care that much. Her appearance didn't matter to her really. She'd usually wear something like a green jacket over her black clothes. The only exception was when mother wanted her to wear a dress on occasions which she followed without second thought.

She saw what she was wearing and couldn't help but giggle. The clothes she had in were the same ones that she had left to change when she returned from their mission back then. The clothes smelt of lilac so she assumed the butlers must have washed them upon her arrival.
Oh the painful irony she thought as she fell on her back. Closing her eyes she concentrated on her nen gathering her strength to make it into form. She struggled to keep it for long but continued until she felt exhausted. It was going to take a while. A long while till her nen was at full potential. For now some rest was well deserved. Ayami looked around in search for her clock and saw it was 11:47. What time of day puzzled her since she had her window curtains shut blocking all the light that could possibly come in.

As soon as she sighed once again, Illumi entered her room with a large tray filled with good. Of course. He always goes the extra mile. She smiled and rolled her eyes as he came close enough to sit on the bed laying he tray in front of her. On the tray we're plates full of different things such as oatmeal, toast, butter, some random fruits, milk, orange juice, honey, and a water bottle.

"Eat," Illumi said as if reading Ayami's mind. He knew she had picky tastes and yet he brought her more than enough food. She glared at him as she took a spoonful of the oatmeal. Immediately she could tell it had sugar and cinnamon just how she liked it. They remembered she thought as she took more spoonfuls into her mouth. Ayami took a sip of the cool water and ate some fruit acknowledging the cooks as they remembered her favorites. After finishing the oats and fruits with some bites at the toast she felt painfully full. She quietly muttered a thank you as she pushed the tray back towards him.

Illumi looked at the tray and then at her. He felt sorry for his twin because he knew that his twin had a large appetite so seeing her eat so little made him worry. He patted her head and smiled just enough for Ayami to notice as he walked off with the tray leaving her to rest. He quietly closed the door and headed towards the kitchen. He handed the half empty tray to one of the butlers in there and headed to his father's room. He needed to discuss about Ayami's condition and Killua little tantrum hurting Mother and milluki before leaving the mountain. He also needed to discuss his own plans on taking the Hunter's Exam under an alias.

As he entered the room, Silva looked at him expectingly. He motioned for him to sit as a long conversation unrolled about the current situations. They agreed to Ayami being with a family member whenever she went outside more so Illumi specifically. She was to join him in he Hunter's Exam to regain the lost strength and to have an alias as well. Killua would be felt with during any time and returned as soon as possible.

After a long talk, Illumi headed back to Ayami's room only to find her sleeping soundly. He then retreated to his own room to plan for the upcoming days leading to the Hunter's Exam.

Wow okey I'm so close on finishing the backstory so one more chapter of this and the actual anime starts. Haha. Hope you guys are liking it so far:)