Always X Always

It was almost like a broken record playing in his head as he thought of the last things they said to each other. Illumi was in the cold and empty room waiting for nothing.

Nothing.

That's a word he got used to hearing and saying and thinking when his twin, Ayami, disappeared in the night on their last mission together. Her long jet black hair had little braided sections scattered around because she'd always let their younger siblings play with it. He started growing his hair out too having the mirror to look at  and think about her a bit. Her eyes were like Father's eyes but deeper and darker like an endless ocean. A piercing look unlike his that were as pitch black as they could naturally be. Her clothes usually consisted of black, white, and green and similar to his style. Her's was a black bomber jacket with green and gold detailing. Her shirt was plain white and pants were loosely fitted green pants similar to his. She wore little black pointed shoes with gold pins just like his.

"Just like mine," he thought.

As he finished putting the pins in the random corpse he saw during his last mission, he still couldn't get her face right. Illumi sighed as the smell of rotting flesh was getting to him. He became obsessed trying to recreate his twin but it was never perfect. Not like her. Even the scars and scratches and burns that had happened to her were still beautiful to him. He hated it. This feeling of guilt and anger and despair we're drowning him.

Every night he would dream of the long talks they had at night about family, people, missions, and other things just to forget for a while that they have been killing since they were 6. They'd sleep together sometimes when they were sick from mother's poisonings and grandfather's painful training. He silently laughed at the thought of him and his sister running down the halls from their mother when they were younger. Illumi didn't notice the tears staining his cheeks as he slid down the wall looking at the failed corpse.

He failed for the seventh time this month.

He remembers that she always sang to Milluki to make him fall asleep. She always hugged Killua when he was stressed or scared. She always read stories and played dolls with Alluka. She always told Kalluto about the beautiful white birds and showed him how to make them. She always let mother dress her when mother requested it. She always trained with father and improved on everything she lacked and already had. With grandfather, she always had tea and walks in the garden with him after intense training. Customers and people close to the assassins knew well that she was exceptionally good at her job. She never disappointed a customer and always fulfilled the requirements. And to him, she would always be there. Or so he thought because that "always" had disappeared from his hopes when she disappeared.

A/n Hey guys I hope you liked the first chapter. I'm working on a slow build up to the intro to create a bigger plot so the actual anime won't start till around chapter 8 or 9.