044

Ruby meets Dustin on the roof, where they spy on what was apparently the entrance to the Russian base

Ruby meets Dustin on the roof, where they spy on what was apparently the entrance to the Russian base. "Are you alright, Rube? You're awfully quiet and aren't constantly criticizing me." Dustin asks, lowering the binoculars.

"I'm- I'm fine." She sighs. "Just keep looking." She stammers.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Ruby explains to Robin and Steve as they sit at Scoops.

"Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." Dustin adds. "But there's gotta be a way in." Robin sighs.

"Well, you know...I could just take them out." Steve suggests. "Take who out?" Robin asks. "The Russian guard." He responds.

"I didn't know he was your type, Steve." Ruby jokes, causing Dustin and Robin to laugh. "What's so funny? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy." Steve shrugs.

"I think you're forgetting something, Steve." Ruby crosses her arms. "And what's that?"

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin cuts in. "Yes, Dustin, i did."

"Plus, we're way better off with Ruby helping us with the protection part." Dustin motions towards the girl. "A fifteen year old girl to protect us?" Robin asks.

"Oh, she doesn't know?" Steve says not so quietly. "No." Ruby and Dustin shake their heads. "Know what?" Robin asks curiously.

Dustin shuts the windows, nodding his head towards Ruby. Ruby puts out her hand , lighting a small fire. "Woah. That's sick." Robin says in amazement.

"See? We're way better off with Rube." Dustin smiles, pulling open the windows. "Look, we don't have to put up a little girl to scare off some evil Russians. And that's why I would be sneaking." Steve speaks up.

"Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?" Dustin crosses his arms. Robin smirks.

"Okay, that was one time—"

"Twice. Johnathan. Year prior?" Dustin cuts him off. "Listen, that doesn't count." Steve argues. "Why wouldn't it count? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you." Dustin responds.

As Dustin and Steve continue to argue, Robin seems to notice something. "That just might work." She mutters, getting up from her seat. Robin runs out, grabbing any cash she could from the tip jar.

"Robin. Hey, Robin! Hey, what— What are you doing?" Steve asks, running after her. "I need cash." She states. "Well, half of that's mine." He replies.

"Where're you going?" He asks again. "To find us a way into that room, a safe way. And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up!" She calls. "I'll be back in a jiff!"

Dustin grabs the scooper, licking the ice cream off of it. "Gross, dude." Ruby slaps his arm. "Come on, man, not my scooper." Steve says as he snatches it away.

After a few hours, Robin returns with a large blueprint of starcourt. "It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office." She says as she spreads the map onto the table.

"Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints." She says proudly. "Not bad." Dustin nods. "So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get." She moves her hand across the map, pointing upwards.

"I mean, I don't really see a way in." Steve shakes his head. "There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors." She pulls off the map, then reveals another one underneath it. "Air ducts." Ruby realizes.

"Exactly." She nods. "Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts lead all the way...here." She runs her marker down the map, circling scoops.

She proudly beams, glancing up at the air duct. "Looks a little small, don't you think?" Ruby asks. "I can probably fit." Dustin suggests. "I guess we'll just have to see." Steve gets up on a chair and grabs a screwdriver, unscrewing the cover and pulling it open.

"Flashlight." He holds out his hand. Dustin hands him the flashlight, exchanging it for the screwdriver. He shines the flashlight inside, a hesitant look spread across his face.

"Yeah, i don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's, like...super tight." Steve sighs. "What about me?" Ruby asks. "It'd be way too small for either of you." Steve shakes his head.

"I'll fit. Trust me. No collar bones, remember?" Dustin states. "Uh, excuse me?" Robin asks. "Oh, he's, uh... yeah, he's got some disease. Chry, Uh... it's chrydo, um... Something. Yeah, I dunno." Steve stammers as Dustin climbs up the ladder.

"He's missing bones and stuff." Ruby adds. "He can bend like Gumbo." Steve nods. "You mean Gumby." Robin corrects. "I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." Steve argues.

"Steve, just shut up and push me!" Dustin calls, his head inside the air duct. "Okay. I'll push ya." Steve sighs, climbing up the ladder, grabbing Dustin's feet and beginning to shove him in.

"Not my feet, dumbass. Push my ass." Dustin orders. "What?" Steve asks. "Touch my butt! I don't care!" He repeats loudly. "Come on! Harder! Push harder!"

"I'm pushing!"

"Oh, my god." Ruby places a hand on her forehead. "You're playing with my legs." Dustin yells. "I'm not playing, I have terrible footing."

"Come on!"

"I'm gonna just shove you, ready?"

"Just shove me?"

"One, two..." Steve pushes, causing dustin to get stuck. "Shit!" The boys shouts. "That work?" Steve asks. "One more time." Dustin instructs.

Suddenly, the desk bell rings outside. "Ahoy, sailors! All hands on deck!" Erica obnoxiously calls from behind. "Ahoy!"

"Hey over here and serve me some samples."

Robin smirks, knowing exactly what to do.