004

"But, if you know where he is, why are you helping me?" She questions

"But, if you know where he is, why are you helping me?" She questions. "This is crazy.." She says in amazement as they trudge into a castle-like building.

"Woah, you made a whole organization here." She gasps. "Is will here?" She asks hopefully. Faceless shakes his head, causing the girl to look down in disappointment. "What are we doing here, then?"

In just a few minutes, she finds herself getting impatient. She's spent nearly two days parading around the upside down with this creature and has gotten no where.

"You're not taking me anywhere I need to be. Will could be dead by now." She says, only to be ignored. "Are you listening to me? Will could be dead!" She stops walking, causing faceless to spin around.

It roars angrily, frightening the blonde. "I need to find, Will." She shivers. "When will I see him!"

Faceless shamefully looks down to the ground, letting out a silent whimper. "You don't know where will is, do you? You just wanted a friend. Because you're different." She realizes, bending down beside him.

"Your teeth aren't as sharp." She says as she examines him. "You know, being different isn't a bad thing. In the lab, I was always treated differently. Now I have a friend that treats me like anyone else. And I just want to find him." She sighs.

"Can you help me?" She asks hopefully. Faceless glances up at her, nodding.

Ruby and Faceless aimlessly walk in between vines and through the dust on their way to someplace neither of them was sure of.

Faceless can only assume that the only place Will can be is further north, the opposite of where they were headed earlier on. "I really appreciate you doing this. I'll always remember you, Faceless." Ruby smiles.

Faceless let's out a joyful sound as he skips around.

Ruby and Faceless stop at the center of what seems to be another demagorgon base, yet there aren't any around at the moment. Ruby silently walks over vines, searching for any sign of her friend.

"Hello?" A week voice calls out. Ruby's eyes widen as she runs towards the call, ignoring the fact that she isn't being silent at all. "Will! Will! I'm here." She says, running up to hug the boy.

"Did they hurt you? Were they going to?" She asks, using her hands to check his face and arms for any bite marks. Will shakes his head, then coughs. "You've gotten much sicker, Will. We have to get you out of here." She says worriedly, beginning to pull him up.

"We?" He asks. "Me and faceless." She motions towards the demagorgon. "Don't worry. He won't hurt us. He helped me find you."

She wraps his arm around her shoulder and begins slowly walking back to the fort. Before she could even make it fully out of the base, five demagorgons surround them angrily.

Ruby fearfully backs away, pulling the weak will along with her. "Faceless, What do we do?" Ruby asks, turning to face him. Though his teeth weren't as sharp, and he may have been smaller than the others, he still decides to be brave.

Faceless attempts to scare them away with a mighty roar, yet he fails. They only continue getting closer, their sharp teeth threatening to kill. Faceless takes his opportunity, and jumps after one of them, tackling it to the floor.

Demagorgons fight in packs. They all jump onto Faceless, not afraid to bite at his skin right away. "Faceless!" Ruby screams. Faceless roars and shrieks as they attack him.

"Ruby, we need to go." Will coughs. "I'll always remember you, Faceless!" Ruby sadly calls out before pulling will along.

They run through the forest as fast as they can, before finally making it to their fort. Once Ruby sets will down on the ground, she collapses herself, sobbing. Will sits beside her watching her. "I don't want to lose both of my only friends." She cries.

"You won't lose me." Will whispers, scooting over closer to her, placing his head on her shoulder. "Drink some water." She smiles weakly, handing him the bucket. "Thanks." He smiles back, then takes a sip, before drifting off into sleep.