Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave." 

I stood shaking, watching as Sebastian paced in front of me. He was mummbling words to himself, and I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. I stood, still covered in blood, with tears falling down my face. The scene I had just wittnessed, was never going to leave my sight, or my heart. I watched Sebastian begin his pacing again, and I lost, "Will you plese stop." I growled, moving my head up. He did, looking at me. 

"I am going to find your mother, so we can get you out of her. Please just stay." He touched my arm, before disappering. I sat on the step, and looked down at my dress. When I looked up again, I saw my mother walking toward me, with Mr. Moore behind her and Sebastian beside her. I could see my mother's grim face as she looked at me. 

"Camille," She reached her arms toward me, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, did anyone see Serena?"

"No... she disappered, so did Henry. I was looking for him, figuring he would want to be with you." She shook her head, and I could only imagine what was going on. 

"What about the Madisons?" 

"They took Lucas' body to the hospital, and were going to have him prepared for a burial." She had tears in her eyes, "Mr. Moore, pursed the man on foot, but couldn't find him." She shook her head, "But i am glad you are safe." She kissed my head. 

"I am too, mother." I looked at her, "Where is Aiden and Olivia?"

"Aiden removed Olivia as soon as it happened, and was rushing to find you, but Sebastian had got there first." She smiled at Sebastian, "Thank you , Mr. Lowry." 

"You are welcome, Mrs. Braxton, did you think anymore on my offer?" 

"I will speak to my father, and see what could be done, because Aiden will be moving into his new home this week." She looked at me, what offer were they talking about. 

"May we go home, mother?"

"Yes." She touched my arm, "These two young men, I believe are going to escort us home." They nodded. Sebastian took my waist, helping me walk to the carriage. Once inside, they took the doors, securing them shut, and pulling the curtains.

"We do not want you seen, in case he's lingering." Sebastian whispered to me, and we continued home. Once we arrived, I waited, till Sebastian told me it was safe. Annie and Lucy waited for me, pulling me inside. 

"Oh dear." Annie kept whispering, before rushing me into a warm bath they had upstairs. They took evrey inch of clothing I had worn, saying to Curtis for it to be burned. I watched, as they scrubbed my arms, under my nails, washing my hair. The ring of the sea dangled on my neck, just moving around. Annie touched it and smiled. She scrubbed her fingers into my hair, till I was clean, my skin white as snow. They pulled me out, and I was in a daze, watching the dry my body and dress me again, this time in black. Wrapping my hair onto of my head, and each kissed my forehead, "Your mother wants you downstairs, Miss." 

I nodded, bring myself to my feet, and walking down the stairs. "Yes, mother?" I spoke as I entered the parlor, as not to alarm her. 

"We had a footsman at the door, Henry has called for you to come to his home." She stood up, "As well as me."

"Why?"

"To see to our safety, but I have that under control, and Curtis is making those arrangments right now." She touched my hand, "Let's go." 

She handed me my cape and clothes, and I put them on, watching her every move. She had changed from the wedding and looked older. I followed behind her, and saw Sebastian wating by the carriage. I didn't question as I sat beside my mother, and him across from us. I watched out the small cap between the curtain and the window, as we arrived to the Calston's estate. The last time we were here, I learned so much about my father. And the kiss, that Sebastian had given me. I looked at him, realizing he was watching me. I looked away, covering my face with my hood. It had began to rain, and I was ready to get this over with. 

I made my way into the house, and saw Henry waiting in the entry way for me. "Aw, darling." He reached for my hands, pulling me close to him. "I was so worried about you, I was hoping you were safe." I bit my tongue realizing he didn't care, or he woud have found me. 

"I am quite fine, Mr. Lowry made sure I was away from there." He looked at Sebastian, glaring. 

"Meet me upstairs." He whispered in my ear. I let go of his hand, and carried my body up the stairs, away from comfort. Away from safety. I found my self in a small hallway, that led from the stairs. and as I stepped the floor board creeked. 

I hear giggling, and seeing that Henry was taking to my mother, I had a good escape. I walked toward it, before opening the door slightly, a voice came from inside, "Is that you, Henry, did you get rid of that nasty thing." It was Serena's voice. I flung the door open, seeing her naked body lying on the bed. She gasped, and I stood there. "Please... don't say anything." She was begging me now. quickly standing up from the bed. But this was my chance. 

I let out a scream, and she rushed toward me, but it was too late... Sebastian was up the stairs and behind me. My mother and Henry close behind him, I spun on my heel and looked at Henry. With my most dignified voice, "before you ask for my hand, clean up your messes." I stomped past him, making a scene. 

"Sebastian, please bring Miss. Serena here with us, I have some things I want to speak to her about." My mother was looking between Henry and me, but I was out the door and in the yard before anyone exited the hosue afer me. I was expecting Sebastian, but it was Henry. He was furious as he came toward me. 

"What was that little show in there?" He was in my face. 

"Maybe, the next time you bring me here, you won't have your mistress in your bed." I hissed, watching him, "Specially the day her fiance was brutally murdered at a social event." 

"What Serena and I had, was none of your buisness." 

"The moment, you wanted to marry me, it became mine." I was looking him dead in the eye, and he was for once scared. 

He grabbed a box out of his pocket, "Your mother agreed at the wedding." He had a crocked, evil smile, as he shoved the ring on my finger. "We will be wed soon, Camille." 

"I hope not, but I will do it, for my mother." I growled. 

"Good. You are learning how to play this game," 

"Now, Serena, I will not let this go untold of. I will not use your name, Mr. Calston. But Serena, will be ruined when I am finished. Her family name, everything. She has something to do with this mess, and I want her to pay for it." Henry's face was speechless, as he searched for wrods to respond, "And unless you want your name brought into this story, you will back me on it." 

"Fine." He spun on his heels, "You will not have everything so easy." He stormed through the doors, to probably tell my mother of our engagment. I felt the ring, it was heavy on my finger. Sebastian was next ot exit the house, strolling toward me, with Serena behind him.

"Carriage now, and rememebr there is only one door, I will know if you leave." Serena obeyed, entering the carriage. "I see the rock made it's way to you." He pointed to the ring. 

"Please make it end, Sebastian." I was trying to find strength. 

"I will. And so will you. I am going to use this as a chacne to speak to Serena, find out everyhing from her side. I know you probably go Calston to stay quiet for awhile. You played that one, very nicely."

"So did you." 

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"You know she would be here." 

"Yes, I did." He watched me, "What do you mean I played it nicely?"

"He wasn't expecting me, he was to suprised to see me. You hired the man who told my mother, as you planned me finding Serena." He grew a crocked smile and laughed. 

"You are learning."

"I learned from the best." I laughed, and looked him in the eyes, "I am using this to destroy Serena."

"I know, and that's the plan," He turned toward the carriage, "I figured you would figure out the game, Society plays if I just let you in on it." He flashed me a smile, before helping me into the carriage. That's when I came face to face with Serena, who was, of all things, crying.