Chapter Seventeen:

Chapter Seventeen:

“Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave.

"Have you packed everything you will need, Camille?" I looked over at my mother one more time, before reopening my trunk. I had clothes, books, anything and everything to write, and a few things from home that my mother had thrown in there. She had told me just the day before Aiden would not be making this journey due to General Rhett's orders, leaving his duties up to me. When she told me, she asked to give it all to Lucas or Sebastian, and I politely told her no, that this was my job, and I would perform it. She now stood holding my traveling cloak, gloves, and a bag of pastrys.

"Mother, i will be fine." I smiled at her, kissing her cheek. "Curtis, this is ready to go." I grabbed the gloves from my mother sliding them on, and she pulled the cape around my shoulders hooking it in the front. 

"I know, Camille, only the best protection is on the boat, but it's still the looming threat we have over our heads." We hardly spoke of the threats, mostly of the few times Henry had come to take me on walks, which led in me being hurt, or feeling uttlerly sick to my stomach. 

"Let's not speak of that mother." I kissed her cheek, patting her hand that laid on my shoulder."Now, let's hurry, I will miss the ship."

"I can only hope.." The words rolled off her tongue and I knew she wash hoping I would not hear them. 

Inside the carriage, no one spoke, Aiden held Olivia's hand, and my mother counted the small bill fold in her lap. When we arrived at the port, the smell of sea air filled my nose and I felt anxious to be out of the carriage, and on the boat. "Here is the money for you, Lucas should have all the papers from Mr. Madison." My mother gave me her best smile, before embracing me in a hug. "See you soon, kitten." I looked over her shoulder, as she kissed my cheek, to meet the eyes of Henry. 

"I came to see you off." He smiled at me, reaching out a hand. I took it, and smiled. 

"Thank you, Henry." His grip tightened and he pulled me in, so close. He spoke so low only I could hear.

"Here to remind you of your little lessons..." He hissed, "Don't be folish on this trip." He slid a bracelet around my neck, that had a small locket on it, when he spoke, his voice rose for all to hear, "for you, to remember me." He smiled, kissing my hand before walking to my mother. I whiped the back of my hand on my dress, before retreating toward the ship. Sebastian stood leaning against the pole, smiling at me. Lucas was huntched over a map as his father went over different angles with him. I waved one last goodbye to my mother and brother before retreating to my cabin in the lower deck. Curtis had brought my trunk down there, and it seemed someone had put flowers in a vase for me, along with a small package. I untied the ribbon, looking at the note that had messy hand writing, Something new for you to read.-Bash 

I smiled, looking at the book of poetry. I sat it on the bed looking at my wrist. The bracelet clung, and made me irritated as I shook it off into a drawer, slamming it shut. "Knock knock?" I looked up and saw Lucas, "We are have left port, I thought you would like to know that."

"Thank you, Lucas." I smiled and sat the book the nightstand. "I imagine Serena was not happy with your departure."

"No. But she understands its business." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Well, that is good." I sat awkwardly looking at him.

"I bet Henry wasn't too happy for you to leave either?" Does he not relaize who Henry is? 

"I really have no idea, he isn't much for one to share his feelings." I looked at my hands that were now knotted. 

"Ah, I see." As he went to open his mouth to speak again, Sebastian was now in my doorway.