Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

"Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave." 

         The next few days on the ship, were long, and tedious. I stood up, and moved around my small cabin, it was our third morning, and I was feeling sick to my stomach from the waves that hit the ship. I slipped my light blue dress over my undergarments, reaching behind me tying it closed. Today was the day we were going to speak about our plan of attack, for less of  a better word. I pulled my hair up into a bun, and splashed my face with water. 

"Camille?" The voice came from the other side of the door, "We are about to eat, would you care to join us this morning?" It was Lucas, it was true, I had not eaten with them, only coming from my cabin or upper deck to speak of business. 

"Yes, I will." I grabbed my journal shoving it back inside my drawer, before I exited my room. They had the table set up, with what looked like oatmeal, toast, and tea. 

"It's not much, but we are on a ship." Sebastian joked, smiling at me. 

"It looks good to me." I set at the table, and looked at the two boys that were on either side of me. I smiled, and began to eat slowly. 

"So for this plan, I figured one of us speak, one present the proposal, the other discuss the goods?" Lucas looked up at us, and I just nodded. "I figured, Camille would speak, Sebastian do the proposal, and I will show them the goods." 

"Sounds alright with me, what about you Camille?" Sebastian was trying to make me speak.

"Yes, it is fine with me." I took another spoonful, and nodded my head as they continuned to speak. Ever since the fight between them, I felt more awkward between them, then accepted. Lucas looked uneasy at me.

"Camille would you care to join me, on the upper deck?" Lucas smiled and stood from the table, eyeing Sebastian. 

"I need some fresh air, to much time down here, and I may get sick." I stood up, wipping my mouth one more time, before climbing the ladder and up on to the deck. The sun hit my skin, and the warmth felt good. 

"I am glad you agreed to join me out there, it's been a long time since we have had a few moments alone." I nodded, leaning my body against the head of the ship. "I just wanted to talk to you, I feel like you don't want to spend time near or around me, and partners cannot act this way." He leaned against the railing as well. 

"It's nothing like that, Lucas, I am just looking at a big picture, I need to prove myself in this trading company, and why mettle with matters of the heart, when you are spoken for." I slouched my body lower, looking into the water.

"May we open a small table, to speak of the truth." I nodded, raising an eyebrow at him, "Serena is a wonderful young woman, it started as just a marriage to save you, or what my parents believed to save you, which I haven't found evidence of how it would since Serena has showed no signs of danger. Yes, I love you, you were and always will be my childhood romance, but Serena, she is to be my wife. I am looking for a friend again, Camille."

I stood up straight, "I appreciate your honesty, Lucas, but we will never see eye to eye about Serena, and who she really is. Because I have experienced much different sides of her. And I am glad to finally see that your feelings for her have grown and are true." I smiled, and moved myself away from the railing.

"What are you talking about Camille?"

"Serena has threatened me." I wasn't about to mention the fact she was having an affair with Henry Calston. 

"How?" He crossed his arms, and I knew he didn't believe me. 

"She said to stay away from you, that it could be related to this, but nothing more, or she was going to make sure I was no longer in the picture." I watched his entire body change from relaxed to stiff.