Anne X Infected Stage 1 Fodder

Ok so basically Stage 1 Fodder looks like this.

Think of the white undersuit as his blue fur, and you have him

Think of the white undersuit as his blue fur, and you have him. Ok onto the story. Pre warning, you may cry as this is not a happy one.

Anne was wandering around a facility filled with corpses. Her group of soldiers stayed behind her as they travelled through the maze. One of the soldiers studied a corpse that had their throat cut.

"This looks like it wasn't done by any old infected. The throat is basically hanging by a thread. The others would bite the throat out or be careful with the cutting. THIS one looks like it's been done by some sort of rabid animal.", the soldier said. Suddenly the lights cut out.

"Flashlights on now!", Anne ordered and the troops turned on the lights on the underside of their rifles and their helmets. As they rounded a corner, one of the soldiers was tackled by something from above. The creature sent the soldier falling to the floor, slashed him twice across the throat and snarled at him. The soldiers quickly aimed and fired at the creature, who escaped through a nearby corridor.

"Damn, Steve's dead. Whatever that thing was, it did a real number on him.", a soldier said studying the corpse. Anne was shocked. When the creature had been shown by the lights, she saw blue fur. She only knew one teletubby who had that fur and went out on dangerous missions. Fodder, her brother. The thought of him becoming an infected scared her more than ever. She was snapped out of her thoughts by a soldier screaming as the creature attacked again. THIS time, it tackled one of them from the side and slashed him across the face, breaking his helmet and gouging out his eyes. The soldiers attempted to fight back but the creature was too strong. It effortlessly killed the soldiers by stabbing one through the gut and biting out another one's jugular, before breaking the final soldier's neck. It turned on Anne next, who was frozen in shock. The creature advanced on her and she backed up, shooting at it. Eventually her ammo ran dry and she was cornered. Curling into a ball, she began to whimper.

"I'm sorry Fodder. I'm so sorry.", she said through her whimpers. The creature halted and stepped back. Despite the flesh over where its eyes would be, it seemed to recognise Anne. It studied her closely before sitting down in front of her. Anne slowly looked at the creature, who made growling noises trying to say her name but failing.

"Fodder, do you recognise me?", Anne asked and the creature nodded. It pulled her into a hug and Anne was frozen in fright. She slowly got over her fear and hugged the infected form of Fodder back, being extremely careful not to touch anything that could potentially infect her. Fodder broke the hug and looked at his body. He covered his face with his hand and made sounds that sounded like he was crying. Anne looked at him with sympathy.

"I can help you if you want me to. I can free you from this pain. But it won't be good for either of us.", she said kindly. Fodder nodded, wanting to stop being a bloodthirsty monster. Anne took out her knife, the one Fodder gave to her on her 26th birthday. She looked at her brother, who nodded in understanding and drew a line using his claw across his stomach. Anne looked at the line, and tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I don't wanna do this...", she cried out but Fodder touched her shoulder with his claw.

"Do....it...please...", he managed to growl out. Anne plunged the knife into Fodder's stomach and drew it slowly across the line he had made. Fodder's screams pierced her ears and she closed her eyes tightly. The screams soon faded away and Fodder fell dead to the floor, his last words being a growling which sounded like "Thank you". Anne dropped the knife and fell to her knees, crying her eyes out. She couldn't believe she had been forced to kill her own brother. She knew he wanted it but she couldn't believe she was the one who had done it. After she had finished crying, she buried the soldiers somewhere nearby the base and took Fodder's body back home. She buried him in the back garden of the house where the two had been growing up in. Returning to the base, she was greeted by Miles.

"Hey Anne, how did the mission go? Find Fodder?", Miles asked.  Anne nodded but turned away.

"He was infected...I had to put him down. I buried him back home where me and him grew up. I...need to be alone.", Anne replied before heading to her room. She passed Fodder's room and looked at it, longing for her brother to be there but knowing he was dead, she had to accept he would never be coming back. She laid in her bed and cried herself to sleep. In a dream she had, she saw a beautiful garden and sighed, wishing Fodder could be here.

"It is beautiful, right?", a familiar voice said. Anne turned and saw her brother, back to normal. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Fodder? No, you're dead!", she said. Fodder placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes. I am, and I don't blame you. Being that infected was pure torture. I wanted you to end my pain. To be the last thing my eyes saw. To know I died with my family by my side.", he said gently and Anne hugged her brother tightly. Fodder returned the hug without hesitation. When the two broke away, Fodder sat next to Anne.

"So what happens now?", Anne asked uncertain of how to carry on.

"Anne, don't think of yourself as a killer. I asked you to kill me. I wanted to be free. I will always forgive you no matter how much you apologise to me for it.", Fodder said warmly.

"But how can I go on with the memory of killing my only family?", Anne asked beginning to cry. Fodder wiped her tears away.

"Family is more than blood, Anne. Dad told us that. You have Miles, Dutch, Finn, Richard, Lenny, Conor, Gary, Walten and many others in the base. Willing to do whatever it takes to help each other out. They're also our family. I know you'll mourn me for a while. Tell the others, let them help you. It's best to let others help rather than suffer in silence.", Fodder replied kissing her forehead. Anne held her brother's paw tightly as she woke up from her dream. She decided to tell the others about what had happened and her dream. She told Miles first, who gathered the others and Anne began to tell them about what she saw in the facility, what she did and what she saw in her dream. After she was done, Miles pulled her into a hug, which the others joined in on. After a few hours, the group headed out to where Fodder had been laid to rest and saluted the fallen Teletubby. The base was ordered to carry out a moment of silence for the Teletubby who had lost his life. From far up in the sky, the soul of Fodder watched them silently. He knew Anne had a lot of healing to do, and he knew the family at the base would be there for her no matter what. He smiled at Anne as she sat with Miles discussing things. He placed a paw on his chest and saw Anne doing the same thing. He knew she felt him in her heart, and smiled warmly. Anne looked up at the sky, saluting the clouds and Fodder returned the salute. The two siblings knew deep down that what had happened back there had to be done and Fodder did not blame his sister. He loved her too much to hate her for killing him. Eventually, Anne and Miles died too of severe injuries. Fodder welcomed both his sister and his military brother into the warm embrace of heaven. He laid his arms around the two as they entered the spiritual gates to finally rest in eternal peace.

This was so emotional. I actually cried a little writing this. Hope you enjoyed.