Part 9

hey all,

sorry it's been a long time again. I am actually currently in England having a 3month break and everything has been crazy up until a few weeks ago so IATA once again was put on hold. Thank you for staying faithful to this story even with my major delays, it means the world to me.

Don't hate me for the way things look in this part. haha

The song "Ride" by Lana Del Rey that is on the side goes with when it goes back to Erin's POV after Cole's. It was a massive help and inspiration to the way the end of this part turned out and I sugguest listening to it while you read.

enjoy

xx

---

~ Erin~

A small laugh escapes my lips as Max attempts to blow his damp hair out of his face once again. Running through a stream earlier and getting completely soaked in wolf form seemed to kill his usually spiked fringe that became a soppy mess when he turned back. He blows it again only for it to fall limply over his eye. He gives up his attempts and turns to look at me with playfully narrowed eyes as I try to suppress another burst of laughter. I pout jokingly and he grins in response.

“What’s all this?” I look up with a start to see both Marcus and Zane looking over at us with dark glints in their eyes. Yeah, it’s probably not the best idea allowing myself to be seen walking out of the forest with a member of another Pack. We somehow managed to miss them on the way back last time but apparently this is where our luck runs out. 

“What’s all what?” I ask simply in reply, a slight challenge burning in my eyes. I will not allow them to tell me off for being friends with Max.

“You know exactly what I mean Erin” Zane warns raising an eyebrow. I hum in agreement as we walk closer to them both but say nothing more. Technically I did nothing wrong.

I feel a hand on my arm and I turn to Max as faint growls sound from both Marcus and Zane. I ignore them and continue to search Max’s eyes for what he is trying to communicate. I nod as I come to realize that he is going to leave. It took a while to get used to it but I’ve come to see that Max doesn’t talk unless he feels the need for it; it’s just part of who he is. I turn back to Marcus and Zane who eye me darkly while still peering over my shoulder to watch Max walking away calmly, avoiding the confrontation. He disappears in the direction of the Pack house and their attention falls completely on me their obvious annoyance and displeasure to finding that I had been off with Max more obvious than a neon sign. I look up at them both, waiting for one of them to break the silence that has fallen between us.

“Off to think on your own then?” Zane finally asks with sarcasm laced into his deep voice with a definite dose of bitterness mixed in there too.

“I don’t recall saying that” I murmur simply not bothering to give him the proper reply that he seems to want to edge out of me. I never said anything about where I was going or who I was going with when I strolled out of the house early this morning. Granted the guys all assumed I was off to re-find my quiet spots and have some time to myself, but that’s hardly my fault. A growl sounds once again from both of them due to my avoidance of the unsaid question, “Spit it out already” I growl in return.

“What were you doing with him?” Marcus questions harshly but with concern leaking into his stormy eyes. Why does he have to fucking look at me like that? Why does he have to make it hard to just mess with him.