Part 16

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my ridiculously long absence. I have been experiencing a complete change in direction and lifestyle and needed to put the book aside to focus on myself for a while. I'm still not quite at the point where I can pursue writing properly again but I just wanted to you all to know that I haven't forgotten you and that you will get the rest of IATA in due time. I will try to post from time to time but I can't promise a constant flow of updates as I still have a lot going on that needs my constant attention.

But thank you so so so much for your support, i truly truly appreciate it. 

Here's a little 2000 word teaser that's been sat unpublished in my word document for quite a while now...

xoxo

~Erin~

I swallow the last remenants of my coffee, now feeling a lot more awake then I did half an hour ago when I first sat down. The whole Pack is up now and slumped around the table having appeared one by one over the last 20 minutes... something I’m not entirely used to. When the West Peaks were here everything was a bit more chaotic; people would grab things and then disappear, others would go out or end up skipping breakfast all together.  There was never really a time when we were all sat together as a Pack like this. I turn to Kaige who is studying his empty mug with a look of irritation, if Marcus hadn’t removed the bottle of bourbon from the table the moment he walked in about fifteen minutes ago then I’m sure he would once again be helping himself to it right now.

I really shouldn’t have spiked my own morning coffee, it’s not exactly a habit I want to make but I just feel so crappy at the moment. Despite having a whole month to recover from the accident and to come to terms with the amnesia and life in general I still feel off. My head still aches late at night some days and I can’t shake the hollowness in my gut that’s forever reminding me that something’s missing, though I can’t remember what it is. Hopefully getting back into training will perk me up a bit. I could do with physically exerting myself until my adrenalin is pumping and my muscles are all telling me they’re being used properly. I’ve come to find that my physical/muscle memory can be reached much easier then the rest of it, and I could do with a little familiar right about now. Bring on the pain.

Right, let’s go” Cole’s Alpha voice breaks through my thoughts and we all rise from the table. The air is alight with anticipation, everyone’s eagerness bouncing around the room as Cole leads us out. I expect him to lead us out the front door but instead we go down another set of stairs – that I had forgotten existed – and into what looks like basement.

“Well, this is nice...” I declare dryly, taking a moment to adjust to the murky lighting. It smells stale and damp down here and all around us is old concrete and stacked boxes of god-knows-what. Please tell me this is some kind of joke.

Cole turns to look at me so I can see as he rolls his eyes. “Did I say we were there yet?” He gestures to a large concrete door next to him, which I had yet to see and then pushes it open to reveal another set of stairs that are also concrete like the rest of our surroundings but unlike this room are lit with over-bright fluorescent lights.

“I apologize, do lead the way oh fearless leader.”

Cole’s eyes narrow playfully at my continued sarcasm for a moment before his gaze falls back to the stairs “Come on.”

We all follow him down the long flight of stairs and at the bottom of which he opens another door and strolls straight though it. I follow him through and then can’t help letting out a gasp. “Holy shit” I breathe as my eyes take in the massive concrete arena in front of me. It must be the size of a small football pitch, fully lit and equipped with its own set of stands to one side. There’s a large hut-like building just near us to the left with a large white board mounted to the brick wall of it closest to us with what looks like old scores on it written in scrawling handwriting. We have a fully equipped training arena under our house? Wow.