Part 15

Hey, hope you guys like this next part. I know it's a tad shorter than the past few but I just decided to get something up tonight for you and hopefully the next part won't be long behind. Thanks for all your lovely messages and support with the last part even after I've been away for so long, it means the world to me. 

Ella x

--

~Zane~

My eyes flicker open to the sound of someone walking into the living room. I groan as my muscles start to flex and pull myself into a sitting position on the sofa that I somehow managed to fall asleep on last night. It’s got to only be about 6 o’clock in the morning. Still a bit hazy, I stretch out and then look around the room to see who it was that disturbed me.

“Morning, Zane,” Asher says gruffly – obviously having just woken up himself - as I spot him staring out of the window on the other side of the room. He turns back to look at me with a deep grin that can only mean one of a few things with Asher and they all involve violence or scaring people.

“Morning. What’s got you all keyed up?” I wander over to see what he’s looking at.

That, Zane, that has got me all keyed up” He states pointing to Cole and Brendan who appear to be hauling out some of the equipment - that had to be shoved away when we had those mutts around -back to where it belongs.  Ah, yes, that would do the trick. Not exactly violence but a promise of some later.

Our ‘visitors’ are finally gone and that means training is back to its normal schedule. No more lounging about and pretending to just ‘wing it’ when it comes to fighting our enemies and defending our territory. No more working to put off the appearance that we’re so pretentious that we think we can just stay on top without even trying because we think we’re just that good. Technically we are just that good but we have a reputation for a reason and that’s not sitting on our tails. It’s always the same when guests come to our territory; all normal pack and tribe activities get muted so to speak. We can’t have anyone knowing our full capabilities, tactics or schedules... not that it would do them much good, in fact it might be amusing to watch another pack try to copy us.

This will be Erin’s first time seeing any of it too, seeing as she was on house arrest when she first woke up. So it ought to be a very interesting day. Cole wants to start it slow but keep going as far as she can handle, which means things may get bloody. It’ll do the pack some good. Asher alone has been so restless that I’m surprised he hasn’t fractured something out of pent up irritation.

We continue to watch as Brendan and Cole haul another set of gym bars into the grounds around base to join the stacks of boulders and climbing frames that have been put back in their places in the canopy of trees clustered at the edges of the grounds. We’ll be off to the training gym later but it’s nice to have the usual stuff back in its place any way.

Cole’s head swings around to look directly at us, his lips twitching into a smirk.

; ‘Go wake Erin’ He commands ;

; ‘On it’ I reply ;

I turn and head up stairs with Asher hot on my heels. I can already feel the adrenalin pumping through me in anticipation of the rest of the day as I dart up the stairs and through the hallway to Erin’s room. Approaching her door I can hear her slow, rhythmic breathing - she must still be asleep. I give Asher a look and he shrugs before rapping his knuckles on the door a few times. There’s a soft groan and the sound of sheets moving before the rhythmic breathing goes right back into its lulling pace. Asher knocks again, this time a little louder before shrugging and opening the door. We both walk in to see Erin fluttering her eyes. “What time is it?” She asks; her voice thick and low as she slides into a sitting position and reaches out her arms to stretch.