Part 2 (1/2)

Enjoy

- Ella xx

------------------------------------

~Jack~

I watch my Pack run along the dirt path formed naturally in the middle of the forest close to the tribe houses while images of trees and one another flash through my mind. Nine well oiled machines reacting naturally to the familiar environment, not showing that they have recently adapted to two new members to make our pack stronger. Naturally Rick and Lucas had jumped at the chance to join the pack and now prance around trying to act tough and serious even though we all know they are about to piss themselves with excitement most of the time.

I knew I made a good decision though the moment we left for the Tarhbeish for the second time in days and they moved at one with the pack without having made the change into True Werewolves. It filled me with a swell of pride watching them walk back into the tribe, heads held high making everyone obviously relaxed and happy to see such a strong and large pack. Our tribe is growing strong again. Any Pack that thinks we are weak is very mistaken and in for a fucking shock.

There is only one more addition to make. Luke. I hate to admit it but the asshole has grown on me. I think he’s grown on all of us, though Jordan still has a grudge against him but then again Jordan has a grudge against everyone except for the Pack and some of the tribe. It doesn’t help that at the moment he’s so high wired...

An angry growl fills the air followed by images of staring eyes and my head snaps around to find a dark, dusty grey Werewolf and a Carmel Werewolf circling each other calculatingly. Sam and Mitch at it again? I watch as they snap at one another each waiting for the other to make the first move. This has been happening ever since I declared the Beta position is open. Fights have become constant and though no one gets badly hurt the constant air of challenge seems to keep us all on edge. My ears prick up as more growls surround the fighting two. Though I know it’ll once again end in a tie I watch their every move; waiting for someone to make a false move, determining who has the strengths and weaknesses for what.

A sleek grey wolf appears from the trees, its blue eyes lingering on Mitch and Sam before looking away its eyes locking with mine a sense of amusement flowing through the link.

: ‘They’re at it again?’ :

Matt’s voice breaks through the stream of images...of course they’re at it again... it’s not like they ever take it seriously anyway. No, I tell myself... they’re trying I just don’t share the same ability to be so carefree anymore. I shake my head to push away my need to explain myself... to myself. Great... cause that’s so healthy.

; ‘Another tie for sure’ :

Jordan chimes in from god knowswhere. Of course Jordan’s even more of a confident wall of brick now that he sits on his high horse as the strongest member of the pack not including powers and such. Matt dips his head in respect before coming to stand beside me, his fur rubbing against mine, making my side comfortingly warm. He sits down beside me and we both turn our attention back to the ongoing fight .Mitch takes a snap at Sam, his teeth grazing Sam’s muzzle. Sam growls and snaps back before leaping through the air and landing firmly on Mitch, pinning him to the ground with grace that would surprise anyone who hadn’t seen it before. Usually Mitch’s immense muscle would have been enough to have thrown anyone off at the start of the fight but Sam’s speed and swiftness makes him always half a step ahead.

Mitch’s growls once again fill the air around us, a deep masculine sound that is sometimes surprising when you know him as well as we do and have seen his pretty-boy side. His eyes bore into Sam’s and the tension in the air and the link dissipates slightly as both of their growls become more playful and Sam plants a sloppy lick across Mitch’s face before leaping off him and moving to run off but is suddenly slumped underneath Mitch’s heavy torso. Sam makes a noise of irritation before slumping under Mitch’s weight. The tension seeps from the air.

: ‘Seems they’re both stuck as equals’ :

Matt chuckles beside me looking from watching the two of them disappear through the undergrowth to me. Is that possible? I swear I heard something about wolves constantly changing ranks in packs so it must be... if we are as similar to them as we like to make ourselves believe; it’s easier that way.

: ‘Yeah, sure they’ll love that’ :

: ‘Oh yeah its joyous’ :

Sam joins ours conversation, suddenly appearing behind us, dipping his head and then coming to rest on the other side of then Matt is. I was wondering if I had been ditched for Mitch for a while. My distaste flows through the link without my control and I quickly hold back before anymore can escape; I’m not some petty ass who doesn’t let his best friend hang out with other people. Besides Mitch and the other’s are like brothers me and Sam have just always been closer. Matt chortles at Sam who growls lowly in response but I still notice the small look his gives me, that knowing look that only Matt can give without being laughed at straight out or freaking the hell out of someone because they expect blackmail. Just what I need...

: ‘So today’s the day...’ :

Matt changes the subject. Today is the day... it ought to be quite interesting to say the least.

: ‘Fuck can’t that asshole just not join?’

Jordan’s grumble fills the link and I huff in exasperation. They are going to have to learn to get along or they are in for a fucking shock. I’m not interested in any shit especially not within my pack, they can suck it up and co-operate. Images stream through the link from my mind of a joined force, unbreakable and not to be messed with.

: ‘I get it but I’m not going to let some shit get away...’

: ‘Jordan, you will co-operate and make this pack united or you can leave it’ : I command and I know he will have flinched wherever he is from the force of it. My muscles tense waiting for his submission to my orders...

: ‘Yes Alpha’ :

I relax as his full acceptance to them fills the link. Sure he’s going to resent every moment of it but he is not going to make this pack weak by creating conflict.

: ‘When are we doing it?’ :

Sam questions, head butting my side softly, a wolfish grin stretched across his face. I grumble at him and he whines his pleading for me to relax filling my mind, I wack him with my tail but don’t relax. I can’t relax. Not now, not until I know this pack is ready for anything.

: ‘Now’: