Chapter 11.

Chapter 11Jealous

Chapter 11
Jealous.

"What kind of teenager were you, back in high-school, Cora?" asked Lydia, while she was eating her breakfast in the living room.

Corazana was trying to hang some of her painting on the wall, "a whore."

    Lydia's Lucky Charms went down the wrong way as she started coughing. She laughed right after but stopped when she saw her babysitter's dead serious face.

"Wait, for real?"
"Yes. I was in a rebellious phase and slept with half the school to prove whatever to whoever."
"Not gonna lie, that turns me on," confessed the demon, chilling near the ceiling.

    Everyone chose to ignore his comment. Actually, Lydia did because she was still too shocked by her babysitter's statement.

"I can't imagine you being a rebel," she admitted.
Corazana smirked, "there's a lot of things you ignore about me, young girl."
"I know that now."
"That sounds familiar, can't explain why," said Beetlejuice to himself.

    Lydia left quickly after that. Corazana kept hanging her pieces in the living-room. For an hour or two, Barb and Adam gave her a hand that she gladly took. Beetlejuice had disappeared God-knows-where and when the Maitlands went to the Neitherworld, Corazana felt how quiet the enormous house was. Until she started hearing some music coming down the corridor. At first, she just thought that Charles was listening to one of his vinyl, but it was strange that the piano playing on a professional recording was so out of tune. The musician was great, but the instrument sounded terrible. No, not terrible. Just horribly sad.

    In fact, one of the secrets of the Deetz house was the room behind Charle's office. No one would ever go there, not even the Maitlands or Lydia. But still, there was someone playing music on the piano that was probably in that room.

    Of course, Corazana's train of thoughts leads her right in front of the locked door. Charles couldn't be the one in there, he and Delia had left the house during the matinee. Then who...?

"Lawrence?"

    The music stopped immediately.

"No," he said after a moment of silence.
"Come on, I know you're in there, I recognized your voice. Are you the one playing?"
He repeated, "no."
"Won't you let me come in? Please."

    He unlocked the door and faced the young woman. How strange was this, his hair was purple.

"Are you alright?"
"Am I- ... I don't know."

    He didn't let her walk in, so she was starring at him standing awkwardly in front of her. She got on her tiptoes to sneak behind his large shoulders. As she had guess, she saw a very old piano, half-hidden by a dusty sheet.

"I wasn't aware there was such a beautiful instrument in here."
"It belongs to Lydia's mom."
"Emily?"
"Yeah."
"Will you play something for me?"
"The piano is out of tune."
"Didn't seem to bother you a minute ago," smiled Cora, "please? I love hearing people playing music, and my dad won't do it very often since... ...Well, the accident."