Chapter 21

Chapter 21Dancing Queen

Chapter 21
Dancing Queen.

    In the morning, someone knocked on the door, Corazana checked the alarm clock next to her bed. It was 8am.

"Yeah?" she asked, yawning.
"Sorry to wake you up," whispered Delia from the other side of the door, "but I just wanted to remind you that today's Lydia's birthday."

Shit, it's today already?

    Charles and Delia did call her a few weeks ago to talk about it and that was one of the reasons she came back earlier. Lydia's birthday and her talk with BJ.

"I remember, let me just grab... pants or something."
"Take your time, dear, I'll be with Charles in the living room."

    Beetlejuice was still asleep, or something like that, next to her. She grabbed his shoulder and shook it gently.

"Five more minutes..." growled the demon.
"I thought you didn't need to sleep."
"I changed my mind on that, it's nice."

    It was still a bit dark in the bedroom, the sun was barely up in the sky. Corazana got up but he immediately grabbed her wrist to put her back in bed next to him. Before she could say anything or complain, he hugged her tight. Even though she would have like to fight him a little, she couldn't resist the embrace. Plus, he was comfy. Very comfy. She could have easily fallen back asleep in his arms.

"How did she know I slept here?"
"I don't know, Delia always knows everything. Her rocks speak to her apparently."
"Her rocks... like... her crystals?"
"Yeah."

    Stretching her arms, Corazana finally found the right timing to escape the demon's embrace.

"Oh, c'mon," he grumbled.
"Get up, they're waiting for us."
"For you," he corrected, "I'm not sure they're gonna be very please to have me helping."
"Nonsense, you're Lydia's BFF, you have to help us."
"Very well..." sighed the demon, barely convinced.

    They went downstairs and met Charles and Delia in the living-room. From what appeared, they looked desperate and overwhelmed by the whole organisation of the teen's birthday.

"You might need a couple of hands more," jokingly said Corazana, sitting next to them.
Beetlejuice added, "I can provide twenty more."
"I think four will be enough."

    Charles started massaging his temples.

"It's the first time I ever have to organize her birthday since Emily passed away and..." he stopped for a second, "and I don't know what to do. It's like I don't even know my own daughter. I don't want to mess everything up."
"That's why we're here, Mr Deetz. Altogether, I'm sure will find the best idea for Lydia's party. Now, did you come up with anything yet?"
"I don't know... something halloweenie seems adequate but..." he interrupted himself again.
"C'mon Chuck, y'know your daughter is not so dark on the inside."