Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.
Miles Away.

    Dear Corazana,

    I hope you're having a good time. High-school is a lot more fun than I thought. Delia and dad are relieved. Me too, I got to admit.
Barbara and Adam help me with my homework. I didn't know they were that good at math! Of course, I don't ask anything to BJ, he can't even spell his own name. He told me to ask you if you're still a snack. Do you think I can use salt to isolate him in a room?

    I'm sure you'll like the postcard, I chose it just for you!

    Sincerely yours,
Lydia Deetz.

     Dear Lydia,

    I'm good, university is hard but that's just how it is. Tell Beetlejuice that I'm looking pretty good these days.
If you need some help when I'm back for the exhibition, ask! I'll be pleased to lend you a hand. I'm sure Barbara and Adam are already doing great though.
Instead of salt, maybe warn him that you'll make him take a bath. I don't know why, but I think it'll be efficient.

    PS: the postcard was just what I needed to put on my wall! I smile every time I look at it. Thanks Lyds, you're the best.

    Sincerely yours,
Cora Pietro.

Dear Cora,

    You were right about the bath, it worked and he leaves me alone now!
I can't wait to see you, only 2 week to go!

    i MIsS Ur FAcE

    Sorry, he really wanted to try to write you something, I let him do it. He also told me that his name's supposed to be written B E T E L G E U S E. Weird, right? (That's how I learned he could read)
     Since you liked the first postcard, I'll try to find a cool one every time I send you a letter.

    Delia is starting to prepare the house for the exhibition. I think she likes the idea of doing it, even if she tries to act strict when my dad's around. She probably enjoys it better than life coaching me. I was a bit of a douche, back then.
Do you have a lot of friends at university? I don't know how to speak to people at school ... If you have any advice, I'll take it.

    See you soon,

    Lydia Deetz.

    (second letter)

    Hi sweetie ! It's the Maitlands.
     Lydia told us you were writing to each other! That's nice. We just wanted to know if everything was going okay? We can't wait to see you!

    XoXo
Barb' & Adam.

    Dear Lydia, Betelgeuse, Barbara and Adam,

    I'm so happy to hear from you all (yes, even you Beej'). I miss you very much.

    I don't have a lot of friends here, but it's okay because I work all the time. I do have a guy in my class with whom I'm having lunch sometimes, but I wouldn't call him a friend. Don't worry Lydia, it isn't an obligation to make friends at school. Just be yourself, if people want to talk to you, they'll do it. Being a lonely wolf isn't a shame.
I can't stop looking at my calendar. Just one week to wait until I see your faces again.

    The postcard is one of my drawings. Hope you like it.

    Take care,
Cora.

    Dear Corazana,

    I don't think you'll read this letter before leaving campus but I couldn't wait to write. You're coming tomorrow!! I'm so excited!
We'll talk about it when you arrive, but I met someone at school. A strange and unusual (lol) girl named Wednesday. I'm sure you're going to love her. She's very interested in your exhibition by the way.

    See you tomorrow!!
Lydia Deetz.

    By chance, Corazana received the letter one hour before she left for the bus station. She read it during the trip. She also wrote her answer and kept the letter so she'd give it to Lydia when she would arrive. That was pretty useless, since they'd see each other, but she had taken the habit. And she enjoyed writing to the teenage girl.

    Dear Lydia,

    You'd be surprised to learn that I read your letter on my way to see you. There's nothing I would love more than hearing about that girl. Be careful though, Betelgeuse will try to steal her from you (joke, he doesn't stand a single chance).
I've bought a bunch of candies for you. What about a movie night, this evening? Anyway, I'll probably ask you in a few hours. Wouldn't it be great to do it with the Maitlands and Beej' this time? All together ... I'm sure they'll be flattered to be a part of our little ritual. Especially our local demon, he always seems so sad to be left appart.

    Don't ask me why I pity him that much, I have no idea. The more I get to know him, the more he touches me. Not in that way, you know what I mean.

    Corazana.