Chapter 2.

Chapter 2Who is he (and what is he to you)?

Chapter 2
Who is he (and what is he to you)?

"I'm starting to get anxious," confessed Corazana.
"Keep the feeling for what's coming."

    Lydia and her were just ... here, standing in Lydia's bedroom and looking at her bed. The older girl considered the idea of running away. Things had became bizarre after Lydia's altercation with the Guacamole bowl.

"Maybe I should go."
"No. Please, just ... Trust me, okay ?"

    Corazana gave her a worried look, not sure of what to do or say next. Lydia seemed sincere, but on the other hand, she told Cora' the person she was supposed to meet was sitting on the bed and there was absolutely no one. Before she could think of another way of escaping, Lydia took a deep breath.

"Beetlejuice ..."

The demon started stomping his feet in excitement.

"Two more, babes."
"Beetlejuice," she repeated, more determined and in a hurry to get it over with.
"I can't believe this is happening!"
 The babysitter was becoming very stressful, "I think we should go back to our Quesadillas."
"Beetlejuice!"

    She almost screamed the last one, shutting Corazana up. Her, and the weird man who had just appeared in the bedroom. She could have screamed or fainted, either would have been an acceptable reaction for Beetlejuice. But he certainly wasn't expecting what she gasped.

"Hijo de puta."
"Huh, how do you know about my mom ?" joked BJ, not sure how to react, "okay I'll admit, she's just a demon, but what a bitchy one !"
"Not now, Beetlejuice," Lydia warned him.

    She turned to her babysitter, ready to explain everything, but before she could say anything, Corazana left the room, muttering "Dios mío, Dios mío ..." under her breath.

    Lydia and Beetlejuice stayed in the bedroom for a while, silent. Eventually, Corazana came back, her face totally wet. Lydia and BJ didn't know that, but she screamed in a towel after refreshing her face in the bathroom.

"I need an explanation."
"You sure do, baby," Lydia punched him in the shoulder, "Ouch! Kidding, I can't feel anything. I'm dead. Spoiler alert, new girl."

    Cora' pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to keep away the migraine she'd sure get after all that.

"I'd guessed when you appeared. Did ... Did she summon you? Lydia, did you summoned him ?"
"Kinda ... I can see him all the time though, even if I don't call him ..." she couldn't hide the guilt on her face, but the demon was very pleased with this situation, peering at the young woman, indiscreet as possible.
"Can he stop looking at me like that? He reminds me of my aunt's dog when he's hungry. Can he stop? Can you stop ?"

    Aaah, she's finally freaking out a bit ... tough the demon.

"Perhaps I am hungry, baby."
"You can't be hungry, you're dead," objected Lydia.
"Wasn't talking about food," replied BJ, appreciating Corazana's cheeks turning red in embarrassment.
"Well, that was disgusting. And of course, you won't let us have a conversation without you ?"
"Nop, Lyds. I wanna hear every single word of your chit chat."

    Cora' crossed her arms on her chest, then uncrossed them when she caught the look Beetlejuice gave her.

"Lydia, now you can tell me everything. Who this guy is, what he is doing here if there are other things you haven't told me since we met ..."
"The Maitlands are here too. I mean, as ghosts, but here."
"You're kidding."
"She's not. But please don't bring them right now, they're annoying and they don't like me. Which is a shame, don't ya agree ?"

    Confused, Cora' gazed at him.

"Oh yes, I can't believe anyone could dislike you." she sassed.
" ... Lydia, I love her. Fuck the whole being dead thing, I wanna be alive again! Marry me you sexy-"
"However," cut Lydia just in time, "there's something I can't get out of my mind: how are you not terrified? I just summoned a freaking ghost in my bedroom and you just ... accepted it ?"
"Lyds, my culture has a whole celebration dedicated to the dead. I've been told about spirits since I was six or seven years old. Plus, things happen during Día de Muertos. Now it just comes together ..."

    Cora' wasn't feeling as good as she pretended. All of that was pretty complex, even for her. She couldn't help but look at the deadman again. He was looking at her with big and curious eyes. His hair was turning in a weird shade of blue.

    That said, the green isn't less weird, thought Corazana.

    The moment he saw she noticed the change, his hair was green again. He started cleaning the dirt under his fingernails, not paying attention to the conversation anymore. Corazana tied her dark hair in a messy ponytail and started twining a curl around her fingers.

"You talked about the Maitlands ... Would I be able to see them the same way I see your friend ?"
"Probably. Strange things arise when he's being summoned. I remember Delia and my dad were able to see Adam and Barbara even if they couldn't before. You wanna see them right now ?"
"No, not right now. I'm not ready to see them ali-... Well not alive but... I need time. Meeting him was already exhausting, to be honest."
"What can I say, baby? I'm the ghost with the most, things have to be a little extra when I'm around." smirked the demon.

    The three of them went back to the kitchen.

"I'll let you finish the Quesadillas, I'm going to take a shower."

    She didn't wait for an answer and left. A big smile appeared on Beetlejuice's face.

"Don't even think about it."
"Too late, there's nothing you can do against it."

    Before she could say anything, the demon had already disappeared.