Evil and Terrible

In a land far, far away lies the Kingdom of Fiore. A small peaceful nation of seventeen million, and a place filled with magic. Found in every home, bought and sold in every marketplace. For most, magic is merely a tool, a mundane part of everyday life. For some, however, magic is an art, and they've devoted their lives to its practice. These are the wizards. Banded together into magical guilds, they ply their skills in search of fame and fortune. Many such guilds dot the landscape of Fiore. However, not only mages go into guilds for their fame and fortune. They have also went and have taken the Hunter Exam to go on countless adventures or even find themselves in a place that they have never been before.

Magic has been around for centuries. Every type of magic comes from The One Magic, the original source of all types of Magic. Magic was once oppressed and feared, but gradually became an everyday phenomenon.

Magic is the physical embodiment of the spirit. When the physical spirit of an organism connects with the spiritual flow of nature, the spirit forms Magic as a product of the connection. Though Magic goes beyond reason, it is still born of reason and it takes an enormous amount of concentration and mental ability to use it. One's magical powers are also tied to one's life force. Only ten percent of the worlds population is able to use Magic, which is noted to keep a balance between ordinary people and those with Magic.

However, there is a taboo that must be followed by every mage that uses magic, every Magic has its own set of rules that must never be broken, known as a taboo: Different taboo's that are broken have different effects on the users body. One of them can lead to death or sickness.

There are two main classification of Magic: Caster Magic and Holder Magic. Within these two classifications there are many sub categories such as Lost Magic and Magic items. Caster Magic is Magic that is expelled from the body as opposed to Magic done through the use of a weapon or outside source.

Holder Magic is Magic that requires a Mage to use an external source to produce Magic. It usually requires the use of Magic Power. For example, Lucy, Wendy's older sister, she has Celestial Spirit Magic which is a Spatial Magic which allows her to summon Celestial Spirits, magical beings residing in the Celestial Spirit World, using the Keys of their respective gates. This kind of Magic is known as Holder type Magic.

Now, Ancient Spell Magic, as it's name implies, is Magic from ancient times. It includes all forms of Lost Magic like Nirvana, Memory-Make, Ars Magia, as well as the Black Arts.

However, Lost Magic is a type of Magic that has been obliterated from the history of the world due to their immense power and the sheer gravity of their side effects on the users. However, users of such Magic still exist, though the Magic itself is believed to be extremely rare.

Even though there are many kinds of Magic in the world, there is still one mystery that still isn't solved to this day. A mystery that has been going through time and time again.

That mystery is... who was the one who discovered and made Magic into this world and now is a everyday life tool to all mages across the world.

It wasn't a man, but a young fair women, who was the ruler of the 8th century who adored her people and treated them like her very own family.

She would always look down at her beloved people and watch over them like a guardian angel. She had no lover nor she had any children of her own. She was actually the very first human to cast magic. Everyone had adored her and treated her like a goddess that has just landed straight from heaven and served by the gods.

And of course every person has a name and this young girls name was...