Chapter 2

Charlie's POV

We went to our class, I walked up to my usual seat behind the class but it was already occupied. I sat on the seat beside Lucas.

"Good morning and welcome to the World History." The new History teacher Mr Matthews said. The girl from the other side of the row speaks up.

"What's on the board?"

"We're Kings, now we're Patriots." Mr Matthews answered.

"Why does it say that? It's cryptic. You can't teach us cryptic. What are you trying to get away with?" The girl asked.

"I'll be right back." Mr Matthews says to the girl then walks over to us.

"What's her name?" He asks us. Maya, Riley, Lucas and Farkle shrugs. I sighed.

"Hey girl what's your name?" I asked her.

"Marley." She answers.

"Marley." I say to Mr Matthews.

"Marley sees right through me." He says then looks at me.

"You're new too." He says.

"I am not you are." I replied.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Charlie." I replied, he waited for my last name.

"Charlie Winchester." I replied.

"Winchester sounds familiar, where are you from miss Winchester?" He asks.

"Lebanon, Kansas." I replied.

"Maybe not." He mumbled loud enough so we could hear.

"Anyway let's continue, Abigail Adams was the wife of John Adams and mama of Johnny Q. They were quite the historical triangle." Mr Matthews said. I got the hunch that Riley, Maya and Lucas were in a love triangle seeing their faces of shock.

"Oh definitely." Zay said.

"Ha." Riley says

"Triangle." Maya joined.

"Ha." Lucas said. 'They are in triangle.' I said my head.

"And I'll tell you that the one thing they understood about this brand new Nation was to stick together because every direction they turned was brand new undiscovered country." Mr Matthews explained.

"I am an Abigail Adams patriot." Riley says.

"Riley don't start it again. They are not gonna come back." Maya said.

"Maya, these seniors are older than and more experienced than us, I think they were trying to help." Riley said.

"Riley they are making fun of us and we're letting them unless we don't fight like Charlie." Lucas said. Mr Matthews turned to me.

"You fight the seniors?" He asked.

"Yep I did." I replied.

"Fighting is not good miss Winchester." He said.

"I take the risks." I replied.

"You could get detention." He said.

"You are saying because you don't know what happened last year." I said.

"What happened last year?" Riley asked.

"I am not saying, it's History class not physiology therapy class." I replied.

"Alright, but most of all these patriots knew to remain loyal to each other because their survival depended on it in this dangerous new land." Mr Matthews says.

"Riles, we don't even know our way around the school yet." Maya says

"We could if we explore and fight for our rights." Lucas said.

"Okay so you guys just want to throw us into whatever goes on in this place and just see what happens?" Riley says.

"Yes." Zay replied

"You know what I call that? Normal." Lucas said.

"Let me see if I get how you teach." Marley spoke up.

"My boyfriend, best friend and I get into a fight." She says, I smirk at that.

"Awww." Riley says

"I was talking about you three." She says.

"Nice one Marles." I said.

"Who's side are you on?" Riley asks.

"Uh I am on my side sweetheart." I says to her giving a smile.

"Who else misses Middle school?" Mr Matthews asks raising up his hand. I raised my hand up with everyone else. Yep I missed my middle school. I used to go in Midtown Tech middle school. I couldn't join Midtown Tech High school as I couldn't afford its fees, it was two years ago.

Another chapter, did some changes please don't complain and sorry for crappy grammar. If you like it or want to say something just comment down below I love to read comments and I promise I reply to everyone's comments.