Chapter 3

Third person POV

The officer entered in Matthews' apt with Maya, her hands were cuffed in front of her. Riley, her parents and Maya's mom looked at her shocked. 

"Baby girl what did you do?" Katy asked.

"New York code 145." The officer said.

"Vandalism?" Topenga questioned in disbelieve.

"What?" Mr Matthews yelled.

"Maya?" Riley was in shock.

"You did this!" Maya snapped at her.

"You're the girl's head that they put back on." The officer said.

"What?" Riley asked.

"She's my best friend and she ruined me." Maya said.

"You're my best friend and I love you." Riley said. Lucas and Farkle suddenly walked in.

"We couldn't find her." Lucas said but stopped in door way when they noticed Maya with the cop.

"Looks like somebody found her." Farkle said.

""Maya what did you do?" Lucas asked.

"Oh they did number on the park, my park, I watch that park everyday." The officer said.

"I am sorry 'They'?" Topenga asked.

"Her friend who got her involved, she's new so I brought her here." the officer said looking at her.

"What friend Maya?" Katy asked.

"Charlie." Maya said quietly.

"Oh now you involved her in this too." Lucas said clearly pissed.

"I didn't involved her, she joined me and got arrested instead. She saved me Lucas." Maya answered.

"Where is she now?" Katy asked

"She's locked up, it's been months since she last been there." The cop said.

"I am sorry." Maya said looking down at her feet.

"You all care about this girl?" the cop asked.

"Not just her, both the girl." Mr Matthews said.

"We're gonna take a little field trip, I'm gonna show you all what these girls did to my park." the cop said and walked out with Maya, others followed them.

When they arrived at the park, the cop uncuffed Maya. Others looked around the park in awe as how beautifully it was painted. Riley turned to Maya for answers.

"I had a brick and hammer in my hand." Maya said.

"Why?" Riley asked.

"Somebody went after you." Maya replied pointing towards one of the statues.

"Who Maya?" Riley asked.

"These two girls I used to know... we could've been them...Riley we would've been them... I was their leader, I taught them how to get as tough as they are now." Maya confessed, the continued.

"We're strong... because there's something inside us that stops us now, stops us from doing something bad." 

"I am just glad that you didn't do anything bad." Riley said as she smiled and hugged Maya. They pulled away and Maya turned to the folks.

"When the cop caught us, Charlie turned herself in easily and let me go. I should be in jail not her, she didn't started it, I did." Maya said.

"I am so proud of you Maya." Katy said. Then Mr. Matthews explained how it was good to have right influence. 

"What happened to the two girls?" Farkle asked.

"Oh well, I may have charged with a brick and hammer in my hands." Maya answered.

"So you're Maya again?" Lucas asked, Maya nodded. Then the cop told her that he's gonna ignore her as long as she didn't do anything wrong unlike Charlie. Then the cop's phone rang, he answered it.

"Hello m'am, uh huh, okay Sherriff Mills." The cop said and hung the the call.

"Well, your friend's lucky that Sherriff Mills was passing by. She'll be home soon." The cop said.

"Tell her to come at Matthews'." Riley said, the cop nodded and left. They all went to Matthews apt and waited for Charlie to arrive.

Minutes passed by, then a knock came at the door. Everybody looked at each other and Topenga opened the door. There stood a female cop, she had short dark hair and a Sherriff badge.

"Is this Matthews' apartment?" the cop asked. 

"Yes." Topenga answered.

"Okay Charles come on." The cop said, Charlie walked and stood by Sherriff with the man from café stood behind her. She had a visible purple bruise under her eye and a can of soda still in her cuffed hands.

"What did you do now?" Lucas asked gesturing to her bruise. 

"Oh a jerk slapped my butt so I broke his nose." Charlie replied.

"You did right but you shouldn't broke his nose." Topenga said.

"Sorry, force of habit." Charlie said.

"You people don't worry, no serious complaints were filed against any one of them." Sherriff said gesturing at Maya and Charlie.

'Thank you officer..." Katy said but waited for her name.

"My apologies, Sherriff Jody Mills. Souix Falls and this is officer Zeke NYPD." Jody replied. Katy recognized the man from cafe but didn't said anything.

"I was passing by New York after a case and I herd about the girls, so I did what I could. I owe her brothers a bit deal." Jody finished.

"That's very greatful of you Sherriff." Topenga said. 

"So you gonna spend the night here?" Jody asked, Charlie looked at the Matthews'

"You are welcome here always." Topenga said and others agreed too. Charlie smiled turned to Jody.

"I guess that's a yes." Charlie said, then turned to Zeke. She raised her cuffed hands up at him sayin 'uncuff these now.' He smiled and fetched a key out of the pocked of his jacket and uncuffed her. 

"We should get going now, take care kid." Jody said and hugged her.

"Try not to get caught again cuz she won't be there next time." Zeke said as Jody left.

"She might not but you will be." She said and closed the door before the officer could say anything else. Behind the door Zeke stood there for a moment recalling what she said and smiled to himself and walked after Jody.

Charlie spent the night at Matthews' along with Lucas and Farkle like a overnight, they talked, joked then went to sleep. Boys slept on the floor as girls slept on the bed. The next day Lucas, Riley, Farkle and Maya stood in front of the statues in the park holding hands. Maya pulled Charlie off the bench and made her stand in front of fifth girl statue.