Manhattan family.

So you people got to love me! Updating another chapter B-)
I rock! But you guys rule ;-) enjoy!
______________________________________________________

*ERICA POV*

''My house. To meet my family.'' He spoke clearly.

I was speechless. He wants me to meet his family? As if I would want to meet more snide rich people if their son is anything to go by. Hadn't I been humiliated enough? The stupid personal assistant he has as an employee who he now wants to meet his family. I think I will have to respectively decline.

I began to protest, ''Look, Xavier, I may be your personal assistant but I don't-''

''Oh, shut up would you? I've told you before, you joined this company to work for me and that includes doing everything I want and everything is anything. So stop protesting, get ready for 5 pm. I'll be there to pick you up.''

''But-'' My job as an employee resides with the company, I do not work to cater to his personal needs. Since meeting his family is personal, I can choose not to go. But Xavier being the idiot he is, wouldn't let me get a word in.

''You do as I say, otherwise, you know the consequences.'' His tone was serious. There was no room to debate.

''Fine.'' There was no point in arguing with him because I know what the consequences are so I gave up.

"Bye." He bluntly spoke.

''No! Wait!'' I cut in.

''What now?'' He sounded annoyed.

''Don't come to pick me up please.'' I hated how quickly he made me do things of my own accord and I had to then lie to people because of him.

''Look I don't want you coming in a cab to meet my family.'' He spoke with disdain. Why must he always make me look inferior? I have feelings just like he does.

''What? No! I won't come in a cab, what do you think of me?! I'll meet you outside the office at 5.'' The hurt was evident in my voice and the most hurtful thing was I don't think he cared.

''Why don't you want me to come to your house?'' The tone in his voice resembled a distraught kid bawling for ice-cream.

''Personal reasons. Okay bye.'' I bluntly spoke. Imagine the guy who got my sister pregnant knocking on the door only for my mom to open it and come face to face with him. She would scream blue murder and when she finds out that he has invited me to come to his house, I'm sure she would faint. I think I prefer meeting him at the office.

However, there is that issue of coming up with a plan so mom doesn't know where I am going. I can't just exactly dress up glamorously and expect my mom to believe that I am going to work. I have to think of a plan good enough so that she doesn't suspect anything. I hate lying, it makes me feel so bad. I hate Xavier for making me do this.

*AT NIGHT*

''Uh...mom?'' I tried to think how I would tell her.

''Yes baby?'' Mom replied.

She was washing dishes and I was cleaning them with a cloth and then placing them in the designated places.

I chose to be direct, ''I have to go for a meeting tomorrow and the people are pretty classy and I don't know what to wear. I have to look decent, so can you help me get dressed up?'' I lied. I could feel my heart hammering, praying that she didn't see through the lie.

''I'm always ready to help you dear.'' She kissed my cheek and went back to washing.

Well, you're not helping at all right now by being so sweet!