It's Happening

Everyone was panicking. Save Raphael, he was about as calm as I was, but other than that, they were losing their shit. Now, usually, I'm pretty patient with my roommates, but today I didn't have time.

"If you guys don't shut the fuck up and drive me to the hospital, I'm going to punch someone!!" I yelled, squeezing my eyes shut as another electric shock of pain shot through me. Michael could barely focus, but he took my arm and helped me out to the car, whispering frantically that it was going to be okay. I ignored him.

Lucifer opened the door and let me sit in front as Gabe got in the driver's seat. He was the only one who could actually drive. "I'm going to go gentle, Aze-"

"Just fuckin' drive!!" I yelled, holding my stomach in pain.

Gabriel winced as he started the car, pulling out of the house as quickly as he could. I whimpered and my head fell back on the seat as I tried to deal with the pain. It was almost unbearable. "It's going to be okay," Michael cooed, taking my hand. "Squeeze my hand as hard as you need."

"Why in the hell can't you just zap me there??" I cried, holding his hand and looking back at him.

"It's not good for the baby, Aze," Michael said, trying to keep calm for me. He was so sweet, but I was in a lot of pain. I felt like I was being stabbed, like a cramp times 100. Even through the pressure, I tried to do what my doctor told me to do. I took deep, calming breaths and tried to focus on something calming... like a nice, quiet movie with my boys.

Yeah, that's the best.

Next thing I knew, Michael was helping me out of the car and leading me to the hospital. It hurt more than anything to walk, but I knew it would help me with labor. Mike told me it would be easier to go into natural labor than to have a C-Section, and if it was better for my baby, then I was going to do it. There was no question in that.

I was laid down on a bed and a young nurse told me to try and breathe. Michael held my hand as I was rushed to the maternity ward, the other archangels being forced to stay in the waiting room. I looked up at my boyfriend and he smiled weakly at me, running beside the bed and holding my hand. "It's alright, darling. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," he soothed. I was put in the maternity room with another woman who was also in labor. She was ignored. "You've got this, my love."

For the next few hours, the contractions only got worse. Michael was told to leave when things got heated, but he refused. He held my hand tighter. Then they told me to push...

I pushed. I pushed and I pushed. Sweat started to form on my brow and my throat ached from the cries of pain. Michael's hand was surely cramping from how hard I was squeezing it, but at the moment I didn't give a crap. This fucking sucked.

I was almost done. They said they could see the head. "One more push, Angelica. You've got it," the nurse standing beside me said, wiping my sweat with a towel. I let out a harsh yell as I pushed one more time before hearing the sound of crying. Michael, unknown to me, had been sending grace into me so that it felt like a normal childbirth, but now that it was all over I recognized the feeling and smiled softly at him. "Congratulations. You just gave birth to a handsome baby boy!"

They took my child away to be washed after giving me a glimpse, which I was not happy with, but I couldn't do anything about it. "Go tell the others," I whispered, completely exhausted and catching my breath. "I want them to watch the baby through the glass."

"I'll text them. I'm not leaving you, Aze. Not right now," Michael said, texting Lucifer with one hand that they should go see their nephew. I rested back on the pillows, finally relaxing. I was sore, and tired, and sweaty, and gross, but I didn't care. Everything was perfect. "You just get some rest. I'll wake you up when they bring him back."

"But-"

"Ah ah, just rest," he cooed, brushing my hair back and kissing my sweaty forehead. "I'll be here when you wake up, and so will our handsome son." I smiled when he said this and my eyes started to flutter against my will, sending me to dreamland before I got the chance to fight back.

~~~

I woke up later to the sound of a baby crying softly. A chair beside me squeaked as someone stood up before walking over to the baby, causing me to wake up fully to see who it was. Seeing that it was Michael calmed my nerves, and I laid back down. "Mike?" I asked softly.

The archangel turned to me and smiled softly. "Did you sleep well?" He asked softly, holding our baby in his arms. I smiled when I saw this and reached out for my baby. "He's gorgeous, Aze. We did good," Michael whispered as he rested the child in my arms.

The baby, my baby, looked up at me with the prettiest green eyes on the planet- the exact shade of Michael's. He was so small and light that I was afraid to hug him any tighter, so I just let him lay in my arms. I smiled when he reached for me and gently kissed his hands. "Hey baby boy. I'm your mama," I cooed softly as I held him close. He was perfect, and I would die for him.

"He's got your mouth," Michael whispered as he sat down beside me on the bed.

I smiled softly and leaned into him when he put his arm around me, keeping my eyes on the little boy in my arms. "What should we name him?" I asked softly.

Michael waved me off slightly. "We'll discuss it in the morning, love. Just get some rest. You need to have a clear head when we pick his name out."

Ayyy, i'm updating right before school so i'm sorry if there are some spelling mistakes. I'm kinda busy at the moment with two sports going on so i'm happy to get this out

Me too^^
-lit ass author