Poking Game

The archangels eventually calmed down, and I told them about the Winchesters coming over for dinner. I was more than surprised when they didn't freak out, but instead they just shrugged it off and offered to cook. Mostly because Gabriel loves cooking, but Raphael is the only one who can actually cook out of the brothers. I told them I could do it, but they ordered me to go sit down and rest. They weren't wrong when they said I was tired.

Collapsing on the couch, I reached out and gently pet Halo before he laid on the floor beside me. "Wanna take a nap with me?" I asked the dog. He yawned in agreement. "Good. Let's nap." I pulled my warmest blanket over myself and tucked a pillow under my head. I shifted onto my side and fell asleep after a couple minutes.

~~~

I woke up about an hour later to the doorbell ringing. I grumbled in annoyed sleepiness before turning to look at who disturbed my sleep. Michael was walking to the door while the rest of the archangels finished up the food. I yawned and sat up, tucking my hair behind my ear as Halo ran to the door, barking. My boyfriend opened the door and snapped his fingers at Halo. "Back!" He ordered. Halo whined for a second before going back to see me. I pet the retriever before going to see the guests.

Sam walked in with Dean, both looking around suspiciously. "Hey guys," I said, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Sleep well?" Michael chuckled fondly.

I nodded and smiled sleepily. "I dreamed of candycanes and lolipops," I joked. Michael rolled his eyes and I walked over to the Winchester brothers. "Come on. We can use the dining room for tonight." I led them into the nice dining room that was only used for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas. They looked around like they hadn't ever seen one before, but I just brushed it off. I heard the door open and close and made note to let Halo in later tonight.

"And I'm FREEEEE.... FREE FALLIN'!" Lucifer sang loudly from the kitchen, causing his brothers and I to laugh at his stupidness.

"We know, Luce. We know," Michael joked, playfully cupping Lucifer's shoulder. The Morningstar stuck his tongue out and playfully pushed his brother. "Hey! Wanna box, bitch??"

"No boxing in the kitchen!" I called before setting up the table. Sam and Dean were just kind of hanging out awkwardly. "Sit down, please. We have beer if you want some."

Sam offered to get it immediately and Dean glared at him for leaving him all alone. I chuckled as Sam walked into the kitchen. "You know, we won't hurt you. The most damage we do is to each other, and that's just some harmless wrestling. Not me, obviously."

"You have no idea what they've done, Angelica. They are monsters," Dean said, a little quietly so that the archangels didn't hear him. I raised an eyebrow. "They tried to end the world!!"

"They changed. They were fuckin' broken, Winchester," I snapped, my emotions getting the best of me. Man, it sucks being pregnant. "They were abandoned, cast against each other. They grew up together and then all of a sudden they were enemies?? You could never understand that, so shut your slutty mouth." My eyes were ablaze and my chest felt hot with rage. These archangels were my family now, and if you mess with my family, you deal with me. You don't want to deal with me.

Apparently, my reaction surprised the hell out of Dean. He winced and leaned back in his chair before I took a deep breath. "Now, enjoy the dinner," I said as calmly as I could, walking into the kitchen to help. Michael came over and gave my head a kiss before resting his hands on my belly.

"I've been thinking of him," Michael whispered to me, causing me to smile. "I cannot wait. He's going to be so beautiful, and I won't let anything ever happen to him. My son."

I smiled and leaned up, kissing Michael gently and briefly as the other archangels brought the food into the dining room. "I know, Mikey. You're going to be an amazing father. Now, let's eat."

Michael took my hand and lead me into the dining room, where Lucifer was sitting down across from Dean so that he could be close to the mac and cheese. Sam shifted awkwardly as Gabriel sat beside him to tease him while Michael sat down at one head and I sat at another. Raphael finally came in and sat down beside Lucifer after we yelled at him that we were hungry. He always took forever. Sam and Dean looked around awkwardly and Lucifer smirked. "Want us to pray?" He asked sarcastically.

I kicked him. "Be nice."

"Just messing around," Lucifer scoffed as he grabbed the mac and cheese. Gabe immediately reached for the chicken and him and Michael grabbed it at the same time. They made eye contact and glared.

"I'm going to be a father. Don't make me do it," my boyfriend said, narrowing his eyes.

Gabriel laughed sarcastically. "Funny. We're doing it."

Michael got up and they connected thumbs before pointing their index and middle fingers at each other. Then they started to push against one another, making an effort to poke the enemy. Michael was easily stronger than his younger brother, but Gabe was putting up a good fight. I laughed softly when the warrior poked Gabriel's shoulder, causing him to pout and sit down dejectedly. "You're such a bitch, Michael!"

"Funny coming from you, baby brother," Michael smirked, getting a piece of chicken first. Sam and Dean raised their eyebrows and I chuckled.

"We have this game where if two people grab something at once, they have to do kind of an inverted arm wrestle, except their trying to poke each other. It's actually pretty fun," I explained as I dipped myself some broccoli.

We ended up having a pretty nice dinner. The Winchesters loosened up about a quarter of the way through, and they even laughed at the brothers' antics. Gabe and Sam continuously poked and prodded at each other with teases while Dean and Lucifer argued over which was better, bacon or sausage. I conversed with everyone, even getting to know about Sam's time in college. We had a pretty interesting conversation about professors as well, mostly trading funny stories.

It was a good night, and I could feel the baby more than ever. He was happy.

~~

YEET I UPDATED also i'm having an allergic reaction to something. Probably painkillers for getting a tooth pulled, but it was a good week i think. Love the support!!
Cursed image now?? You're so fucking needy mates.

Bread man
-lit ass author