Halloween

When I woke up I realized that I had fallen asleep at the table. The archangels were still sleeping -I knew this because Michael's snoring shook the walls- so I got up and stretched. I had work in an hour, shit. I worked as a store clerk at the Barnes and Nobles down the street. It wasn't too bad. I peeked into the archangels room to make sure they were alright.

They were all cuddled on one bed. Lucifer was almost on top of Michael, the only thing not on his big brother being the right side of his body. Gabriel was on his belly, snuggled into Raphael, who was on his back. On Raphael's chest was Halo, who was also sleeping peacefully with his wrapped paw. It was quite the adorable scene, especially when Lucifer shifted and Michael, as on instinct, put his arm around his waist to hold him steady.

I chuckled and walked back out of the door. I quickly got dressed and washed my face. I put my hair into a ponytail with a braid on the side before writing a note and leaving it on the kitchen table.

I went to work. There's food in the fridge. I should be home soon. Take care of yourselves, watch the puppy.

-Aze

I left soon after that with my stuff and made sure the door was locked. I didn't want someone to break in, thinking no one was there.

~after work~

When I got home it was around 4 pm. I walked into the house and found the archangels all spread out. Raphael and Lucifer were playing chess at the kitchen table while Gabriel and Michael sat in the living room, watching a horror film. Halo was chewing on a rope, where it came from, I have no clue, while he sat on the floor of the kitchen.

"Nothing's destroyed," I said in surprise, looking around. They all turned to me.

"Of course not, what do you think we are?" Lucifer asked, not looking from his chess match. "Hairless apes?"

"Checkmate," Raphael said. Lucifer stared at the board for a second before his eyes widened.

"Wait a minute!" Lucifer cried.

Gabriel and Michael ran in. "Holy shit, Raph! You beat Lucifer!" Gabriel cried.

"No! He had to have cheated!" Lucifer accused. Raphael just smirked.

"I didn't cheat, brother. I'm just smarter than you think," he replied simply.

"Why is it such a big deal?" I asked. "I beat people at chess all the time, and I lose all the time. It's not like winning the Super Bowl."

"Actually, it is. No one has beat Lucifer in chess since he was old enough to play by himself," Michael smirked. "Looks like you've got someone to match your wits little bro," he added.

Lucifer crossed his arms. "It was one game, and Aze distracted me!"

"Oh, give it up, Luci! I won, and you lost," Raphael sang teasingly before laughing.

I chuckled. "Alright you guys, before one of you kills the other, I decided that it would be nice for us to get out of the house. Since it is Halloween today, I think we should all go out and walk around. Nothing fancy, but just walking around and looking at decorations is always a lot of fun. Even little Halo can come," I promised, picking up the small puppy with a smile.

Michael shrugged. "Sounds like a good time, right brothers?"

"Yeah, it does," Lucifer agreed. Gabriel looked shocked.