Sick Family

I thought Michael was gonna die when I woke up sick for the first time. He wouldn't let me get out of bed for any reason whatsoever- unless it was to go to the bathroom of course. Eventually, we called my sister. She had been pregnant before, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind giving me some pointers.

After I got off the phone, I laid down beside Michael and he looked at me. "She told me to try Gobstoppers. She said that they helped her with the nausea," I said. Michael nodded before he put his hand on my belly and his eyes glowed blue. I felt something in my stomach.

"The baby is healthy," Michael smiled. I stared at him in shock.

"How did you do that?" I asked, my jaw open slightly. He closed it with his index finger, a small smirk of amusememt on his face.

"I'm an angel. Maybe a powered down angel, but still an angel," Michael said, taking my hand into his. I smiled. "And I just love to feel my baby's grace."

"Can you tell the gender?" I asked curiously.

"No, not yet," Michael replied. "But I will tell you when I know, if that's what you want."

"Yeah, Mikey, I wanna plan," I smiled softly. Then I kissed him before getting out of bed and walking downstairs. Lucifer and Raphael were singing along to Billie Eilish's 'Bury a Friend' and cooking breakfast. I chuckled as Lucifer held the spatula up to his mouth and sang into it as he waited for the eggs to cook. Raphael was bouncing his knees and bopping his head with the music, checking on the bacon in the oven.

"You two look like your having fun," I smiled. Lucifer chuckled and nodded.

"We're cooking for you guys. Gabriel's feeling unwell, so he's in his room," Lucifer said. "I managed to get him to sleep before we came down."

"Aww, what's wrong with him?" I asked as I walked over and helped Raphael put the bacon on a plate for everyone to self serve.

"He's got a fever and the shakes. He's been sneezing and coughing, too," Raphael explained, putting the bacon pan on the counter to cool so that we could clean it later.

"He needs some Dayquil when he wakes up," I said. Poor Gabe, he must've gotten a cold. "He's lucky to have loving big brothers like you guys."

"Aww, thanks," Lucifer chuckled. "But I'm gonna head out. I should be back around 1."

"And where are you going, exactly?" Michael asked, crossing his arms like the big brother he was.

"Out," Lucifer said shyly.

I nudged Michael to get him to shut up. "Go on, Luce," I said to the Devil. He slipped out the door, pulling his leather jacket over his shoulders as he walked out. "He's probably going on a date with Adam. Lucifer's been through some serious mental and emotional trauma. I'm not saying you guys didn't, I'm just saying-"

"A relationship like the one he's developing is fragile yet good for him," Raphael cut me off, seeing as I was trying to find a good way to say it.

"Yeah," I said, nodding. Then I stretched and sighed as I took a piece of bacon. "Besides, he's just going out. It's not a big deal. I'm sure Lucifer can handle himself."

Michael rolled his eyes and sighed. "I know, I know. I was just worried for him, that's all."

I smiled a little. "And that is why you are going to be a great dad," I smiled. I then kissed Michael's cheek and put some bread in the toaster for it to cook. "Who wants toast?" I asked. Raphael raised his hand a little from his spot over by the stove and Michael said, 'me'.

While I buttered the bread to put it in the toaster, Michael put some soup on for Gabriel. He was the baby of the brothers, so I wondered if the eldest even considered what he was doing. I can't imagine how many times they cared for Gabriel when he was sick or hurt. Soon enough, Michael was taking soup to their shared room.