Chapter Twenty-Eight - Darius

• Dedicated to Everyone Who Has Read To Here :) Thanks!

Chapter Twenty-Eight – Darius

"I'm here," were the first words I heard.

Warm arms pulled me closer, inhaling, a dark scent soothed me and my wolf. Safe, we're safe. Mate.

I remained where I lay, pretending that I was still asleep, not wanting to move out of the protection. I didn't want to know if the monsters had succeed. I didn't want to know if they had escaped. I didn't want to know that instead of killing Darius, his father decided to just lock him up along with me. I didn't want to know. I wanted to stay asleep where I could pretend that everything was fine.

But of course, you have to face reality at some point. Blinking my eyes open, I saw jade green staring down at me. "Hey, Angel," I whisphered.

"It's about time you woke up, Fallen," he replied.

"What happened?"

"You blacked out after throwing all you're energy into the portal to close it – which was stupid."

"So Azriel told me."

"I killed my father in challenge. And as custom, all the wolves who wouldn't join, I killed."

"Why not let them go lone?"

"They would have started Kalb Flow up again."

I nodded. That made sense.

"But, while you were closing the portal, some of the creatures managed to slip out. We're tracking them as we speak."

"Good," I said, moving closer before I paused, pushing myself up to balance on my arm. "What about the curse your Grandmother put on you?"

Darius smiled at that. "Is that worrry I hear? For me?" he pulled me back next to him and nipped my neck where his mark rested. "Dad didn't tell you everything:

"As so done to me,

Grandson of mine,

Do so to my lover,

Do so to my child,

Do so to yourself,

And end this wicked line,

But should you find a mate,

Live, love, do not kill,

And bless this faithful line."

"Oh."

Moving so that he was over me, he kissed my lips harshly. Like it was the first, and the last one he'd ever receive. He bit my lip harshly, demanding I let him in, but instead, I shook my head. "Mate me, Darius, make me yours."

Vote? Comment? Thanks!

No, this story isn't finished, but I want to change the ending, I don't like that Zarah suddenly submits nor do I think that Darius should turn all lovey-lovey all of a sudden. In fact, I'm changing all my stories, so as I work out the details, I'll let you all know what I'm doing :)

Thank you all for reading Darius and Zarah's story, and hopefully when I change it, you'll enjoy it even more.