Chapter Twenty-Six - Complete

Chapter Twenty-Six – Complete

The moment that drop of blood touched the ground, completing the circle, a rush of magic rose and pushed out. It threw wolves off their feet. The only ones that remained standing were Darius' father who I was seriously debating on just calling Asshole, my mother and her friends, Darius, who I could now see, and myself. All those without Fallen or Angel blood in them were thrown like they were puppets.

But that wasn't all. Seconds after, the magic rushed back, coliding with the rest within the circle with a white flash of light before it threw itself up into the sky in so many colours I couldn't name them. It went up sixty or so feet before suddenly turning at a right angle, spreading over the beach and beyond.

Horror filled me at the noises I could hear. The screams. The calls. The demands. The victory of knowing they were so close to freedom. But the worse thing was that I had a feeling that the barrier – that was still shut – was the only thing that kept us from truly hearing the horrifying noises.

I turned back to Darius' father. He wanted to unleash that? Darius' father, seeing me looking at him, smiled.

"What are you?" I demanded the moment I was all human. Because I knew that his words that he's been saying before had held power, they must have done. And weren't angels... good?

"You mean my son never told you? What? You thought my son was only Omega? Being his mate, I would have expected you to know... but then, you should be used to people keeping things from you."

"How are you an Angel?" You're too evil to be an angel.

"Too many questions, Wolf. But to answer, how are you Fallen? Now, if you don't mind, be a good little dog and walk into the circle for me."

I felt my body move. I didn't tell it to, in fact, both me and my both were rebelling. Struggling to hell and back to take control. But it was useless. I felt the power rush and touch me the moment I entered the circle. Turning, I saw a mixture of faces between horror and glee.

"Zarah!" I turned to see Ryan, he dived on the barrier, but the barrier struck back. A strand of multicoloured light sprung out of order, wrapping around Ryan's neck, danggling him from a height.

"Ryan! No!" I rushed to leave, but as though it had turned inpenatrable, I couldn't get out. "Ryan!"

Ryan choaked as he dangled mid-air. I tried using my magic, but it was useless. I crashed to my knees as my friend dangled before me. But then a dash of light, hit the line making it rebel. It dropped Ryan like a sack of potatoes, but with so many bodies in the way, I couldn't see if my friend was alive or not. Turning the other way, I saw that my mother and her friends had approached, and my mum's hands were glowing white as they then slowly returned to normal. That was Heaven's Light?

I turned back to search for Ryan, instead, I saw a wolf look at me and shake his head pointing up. Ryan was dead. I slammed my fist against the barrier, turning back to Darius' father. "Just answer one more thing for me. Why?"

My mother came into hearing range for his answer. "My mother cursed the Kilt line on her deathbed:

As so done to me,

Grandson of mine,

Do so to my lover,

Do so to my child,

Do so to yourself,

And end this wicked line.

It's a catchy song," Darius' father smiled. "But I don't like it. And if my son is to kill me, the least I can do is make it difficult for him. Now, take this and stab yourself in the heart."

Mum didn't move quick enough to stop the dagger that Darius' father threw in. I felt my already wet cheeks get wetter as my body moved to the dagger. As my body, not myself, picked up the dagger, as my arms, that I tried so hard to lower, placed the dagger over my heart. Moving the dagger away from my body, I moved it faster than ever towards my own chest. And I could do nothing but watch myself do it.

But their was a voice. A voice so familiar. And it told me not to do as commanded with a simple word. "Stop!"

And to my awe and surprise, I did. But not quick enough as blood trickled down my naked chest to the plate below. The voice wasn't quick enough.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!