Chapter Six - Talk Submissive Wolf

Chapter Six – Talk Submissive Wolf

Tyler was my height with blonde hair and green eyes. He was sat curled up in a chair with a book on his lap. The moment I entered the room, he looked up and put the book down. "I don't mean to sound disrespectful..." were his first words. "But should I call you Alpha?"

I paused in my steps towards him. No one had ever asked that, and because no one had, I ignored what should have been called disrespect. "I'm not an Alpha."

"But you're strong enough to be one..."

"Call me Zarah, since we're about to dive into each others lives."

The submissive nodded his head. "What would you like to know, Zarah?"

"What's it like being mated to an Omega wolf?"

Tyler didn't respond for a moment, thinking about the answer he was to give. "Different. You won't believe me, but it's one of the safest matings you can have."

Open mind. Keep an open mind... "How so?"

"You've heard about wolves chasing each other before mating? Heard about wolves using others to get their mates jealous? Before and after mating?"

"What does that have to do with Omega's?"

"They're possessive. They won't do that to you. The downfall of that is if you try and do it to them..." as the submissive wolf stared at the carpet, his hands clenched, I felt my eyes narrow.

"Did you try and make your mate jealous?"

"No... But like you, I was scared about being mated to an Omega wolf. I made her chase after me... not intentionally, but I was scared, we've all grown up with the Omega's being the bogeymen of werewolves."

I ignored the fact that he called me scared and nodded for him to continue.

"She... when she caught up with me, she was violent... hard... Omega's don't care if they hurt you... just as long as you don't die on them and are able to revive your health..." he sighed. "She forced the mating mark and made me return in kind. Since then though... as I came to realise that as long as I didn't over step any rules, it's been great."

"So she forces you to fully mate with her and then it's alls hunky-dory?"

"It wasn't completely like that, but once you come to understand how they work, yes."

"What do you mean?"

"Omega's give a different kind of loyalty than over wolves do."

"Explain."

He licked his lips as he did as I commanded. "Like all matings and marriages we still look at others right? We can still commit adultery and all that, right?"

Frowning, I nodded for him to continue. Where was he going with this?

"Omega's... I've never known Anabeth to look at another. And this one time an old friend came to visit..."

"You were attracted to your friend?"

"We'd been a couple before I'd mated with Ana. Broke up a couple of months before Ana came into my life. Our relationship had ended and we were fine with that... But Ana didn't like it." Licking his lips, he shuffled in his seat, pulling himself tighter. "My friend ended up in a coma for a month and a half. And being a werewolf, that's a long time... By luck, her mate, a Beta of a pack in France was visiting and he sniffed her out in the hospital. She's with him now and happy."