Chapter Ten - Flawless

Chapter Ten – Flawless

One week.

One room.

One visit a day from my Omega mate.

One question, "Are you ready to mark me yet?"

One answer, "No."

Today was day eight. One week, one day. And today had been completely different. I hadn't bothered yelling. Storming. Ripping. Clawing. Grumbling. Growling. Or fighting. I hadn't bothered doing anything.

Today, I stood in front of the window glaring at the Omega's who were on patrol. A flawless patrol. Darius Kilt had enough Omega's on his side that each werewolf could be placed so that they could all see everything. And when the time for patrol change came, more wolves came out, then tenminutes later, the wolves whose shift ended would then leave their post and return. There was no gap. No error. Flawless. Irritating.

Another difference today was the fact that I hadn't been given a meal that over the last week had always come at eight, twelve, and six. Punctual, every day. But it was now four in the afternoon and I hadn't had a single meal. I wasn't too bothered, I could go days without food and I could drink from the tap in the bathroom. But I was worried. How long would he make me go without food, because eventually, I would need to eat.

Something else that had happened in the past eight days was my magic. It was changing. Growing? Becoming more... touchable within my mind. Was it something my mother had done? Or did something like this happen naturally? Or had my mother soothed my magic, but instead of soothing it for a decade, she soothed it for a few days?

The more I felt it within me, the stronger I felt, yet... What was it? What was my magic? I knew I could, it wasn't quite the wind, push others away, I'd used that ability against the Omega wolves who had come at me over the years. I'd only found that ability by accident when I'd lost control of my magic during my teen years. I knew I had to speak to my mother again. If only by phone to find out what I was half of.

I jumped, as for the eighth time in eight days, I heard the click of the lock opening. Heard the handle being turned. Heard the whoosh as the door was opened. Felt him enter the room with that lethal air that hung around him without fail.

"There are rumours that your pack is about to be attacked," he said. And I knew, just knew that he wasn't telling me to be nice. I knew he was telling me to make me want to leave, and to leave, I had to mark him back.

"When?"

"Tomorrow. Dusk."

I spun away from the window to see him leaning against the closed door. A neutral expression over that harsh lick-able face. No, no, he wasn't lick-able, he was disgusting. Unfortunately, my wolf had only become worse with the want to mark and mate since I'd been locked in this room that stank of him – okay, that was a lie, his room smelt divine, not that I was going to admit that out loud. I guess I couldn't really blame her. Eight days stuck in a room where her mate's scent covered everything and visits from him daily... It was times like this that I thanked my "magic" side, because otherwise, my wolf would have taken control days ago.

The other thing that got me was his restraint. He was full what I was half. And his title was Omega of Omega's, I would have expected him to jump faster and made me mark him, not hold out for as long as I was. But that lead me to this conclusion: he was enjoying watching me fight. He was enjoying the pain that crossed my features as he saw my indecision at his news about my pack being in danger. He knew he'd won, but he was just enjoying the wait for my humiliation at submitting to what the fates had deemed truth.

Because I knew my pack would be no longer if I wasn't there. They needed me. My brother wasn't strong enough to handle an attack. And the wolves in our pack knew it. They wouldn't want to follow a weak Alpha into war unless he let panic blind him and he ordered them to, which would just make the whole situation a hell of a lot worse.

Would it really kill me to be marked and mated to an Omega? No, that wasn't the right question. Would it kill me to be marked and mated to this Omega? Yes, it might just. But if I did this, I could go help my pack if I made it a condition of my agreement to mark him. Wow, this was starting to sound like an old fashioned arranged marriage where items or promises were exchanged. I shook my head to concentrate.

Looking up, my eyes immediately clashed with jade green eyes which were watching me with amusement. Think of the pack. Think of the pack. Think of the pack... "I'll mark you," he stood up straight at my words. "If you agree to some conditions."

He smirked, leaning back against the door, his arms crossed. "And what would those be?" he asked in more humorous curiosity than considering curiosity.

"The first," he raised a brow at my first words. "I don't mate with you until I'm ready. And you can't force me into it.

"Two, you let me go back to my pack to help them.

"Three, you let me stay with my pack, without you."

He nodded to the first and second. But the third... while his eyes didn't change because his wolf had the same colour, I knew that his wolf had filled him. Made him storm towards me like a starving wolf staring at the first piece of fresh raw meat he'd seen in days. His growl that thundered through the room was worse than the one of when Anabeth had entered my mothers home. This time, his growl not only managed to make me whimper and the objects in the room jump. But the trees shuddered. Things fell, smashing onto the ground throughout the building I was in. And what scared me more was the fact that I could see, out of the corner of my eye, other Omega wolves outside fall to their knees, submitting. I hadn't been scared until then, but when you see Omega's submit, you know you're in big fucking trouble.

And as my Omega mate loomed over me, pinning me in by power and flesh, I knew that I was going to pay for my third condition.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!