Chapter Thirteen - Godric

Chapter Thirteen – Godric

Sitting besides Godric was a hell of a lot more awkward than sitting in the car with two Omegas. And that was saying something. I wasn't really sure if it was his size, or the vibe he was giving off, but we were the only people at this end of the train carriage. Sitting with my back against the wall with the exit to my left, Godric sat opposite me. There were no passengers in the seats behind him, across from us, or diagonal to us. It was like a bubble had been placed over us where no one could get in. Instead, the passengers had opted to stand or sit on the ground out of the "bubble".

"I take it you're not a fan of trains?"

Godric send me a glare but as expected, said nothing. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, even Darius was more chatty than Godric, and they were the same species. Male. Omega. The size of Monster Trucks. Yet Darius, I realised as I sat opposite Mr. Silent Grumpy Omega Wolf, was different. He didn't quite have the same I hate everything vibe to him. Darius was a lot more... was kinder the right word? But if he was kinder, how in the hell was he the Alpha of Omega's? And how had he made the Omega's fall to their knees? Not even I'd managed that, and I was part something else.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as a question hit me.

Godric looked at me which I took as an answer as yes, but it doesn't mean I'll answer you.

"When we first met. Did you come to kill or capture me?"

Godric looked back at the passengers then spoke to me for the first time, well, ever. His voice was deep as you'd expect from such a large man, but then their was also a harsher, unspoken edge to it as well. It was like a bolder falling, crashing, and the sound of it crumbling sounded like Godric's voice. "I had planed on killing you. If I had succeeded, then we wouldn't have to worry about Kalb Flow opening the portal. No one else is as easy to catch."

"No one else?" I frowned, latching on to the information like a dog with a bone. "You mean there are others that Klab Flow can use to open the portal?"

Godric stared at me like I was the dumbest wolf on earth. "You thought you were the only one? Just when I thought you wolves couldn't get more self-centred."

"We are not 'self-centred'!" I growled.

He gave me a lethal lazy look that demanded I stop talking. The 'or else' didn't need to be said.

But I ignored his look. "Who else is there? We need to find them. We need to warn them. Protect them."

But after five minutes it became clear that Godric had the art of ignoring to perfection. So I gave up, until my thoughts earlier returned. "Why are you following Darius? Why are Omega wolves following an Omega?"

Sending me another glare, I was sure the only reason I still sat alive was because of Darius being my mate. "Darius is more than he seems. If you stopped trying to focus on everything and just focused on your mate, you'd know that. Now, no more questions unless you want me to hang you out the window like a dog."

Looking him over, I knew he meant his threat. But, what in the hell did he mean? Everytime I asked a question, I only seemed to get riddles in return. But, 'Darius is more than he seems'? More what? He's more Omega than the others? He's more what!?

Opening my mouth, I went to ask Godric, but then I stopped. If it were the reverse, I'd prefer Darius ask me instead of someone else, so I'd ask him on return. Whether he'd give me the same courtesy, I doubted he would, but still, Godric was right. If I stopped avoiding him and started on trying to figure Darius out, maybe our mating would be halfway happy.

Or at least not terrible.

With that in mind, I closed my eyes and relaxed. But I wouldn't sleep, I didn't trust Godric enough for that, but as the pack was due to be attacked tomorrow night, I knew I'd have some time to sleep at the pack house.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!

Uploads (excluding Halloween[2014]) are scheduled for every Friday!! :)