Chapter Three - Snarl

Chapter Three – Snarl

Sending my mate a snarl, I was stunned as, instead of my mate attacking me, I was bulldozed from my side. The other wolf, a brown furred wolf, slammed into my side, hitting me where my mate had slammed into me previously. Damn, I was going to be surprised it that didn't leave a bruise.

The brown furred wolf sent me a growl, but before I could return in kind, gold flashed past me, over me. In a blink, the brown furred wolf was on his back, a terrified look on his face as he stared up at my Omega mate, his ears tucked back, his eyes wide. My mate stood over him, posture strong, face of calm before the storm, his fangs bared, muzzle rippling with a silent growl.

Rolling to my belly, I couldn't stop my own fear at the sight before me. But, at the same time, I couldn't help but appreciate my mate's strength. Even without being Omega, he was one of a kind wolf. Nor did I mean it because he could stand against my magic. It was just the way he stood.

Scolding my wolf – and myself – for our attraction to our deadly mate, I debated my options of what I could do. My first option was to run. But I quickly forgot that option as I realised two things. The first was that the only place I could run was towards the lights where humans lived or the sea, and I was a werewolf, not a wereseal. The second was knowing that my Omega mate would catch me, with ease, or he'd use his magic over me.

But what else could I do? Submit? I growled at the idea, but as though to remind me of the why of my travelling, I felt a cold whisper from the pit inside of me. I barked to get their attention, because while I wanted to escape, I didn't want to hurt the wolves. Or maybe I did, but not with my magic. My Omega mate was the first to look over at me. His jade green eyes curious as his ears twitched, scenting the air. The wolf on the ground didn't look over at me, and being the weakest wolf here, the magic inside me stared at him like he was a large piece of fillet steak.

Licking my lips as I looked the wolf on the ground over, I stalked closer, aware of my mates eyes on me as I did. He just stood there, watching me. Silent. Still. Curious. It was only as I was a few feet away did the wolf on the ground look at me. Panic hit him as he clawed to get out from under the Omega. But he frozen like a deer in the headlights as we – Omega and Alpha-blood wolf both growled at him. Eyes so wide the whites near the back of his eyes were seen, the wolf panted in terror as I crept closer still. Still with my mate watching with a curious air.

Striking, my fangs were about to rip at the wolf's shoulder... it hit me. Not a wolf. Magic. My magic hissed it's annoyance, the want for blood, death, control, and life. I lifted my head towards where the magic, so much like my own in taste, came from. And there she stood.

I growled at my mother as she walked over with soft steps. Her loose white dress swaying in the wind. Her silver hair with tints of grey making it look like ageing silver blew out behind her as she raised her hands in my direction. Palms out towards me. Standing, I turned to look at my mother as her silver-blue eyes, so much like my own, turned blacker than the night, they were the colour I knew my own were. I'd learnt that black eyes meant magic over the years.

"Don't growl at me, young lady!" she growled back.

I huffed in response as I felt invisible hands of ice run along my fur. Along my back. It was like someone was petting me, yet there was no one there. And they were freezing. I growled as I knew what was coming. I looked over to my Omega mate and the other wolf to see that the brown furred wolf was running, and my Omega mate was sat on his haunches as though enjoying a show as I shivered.

"It's your own fault," my mother continued. "Now, as I've told you every time I've done this, you can be a good wolf and let me help you or you can fight me and you – as you always do – will end up passing out. You're choice Zarah."

I growled as the hands seemed to get colder. At my growl, they shoved at my front legs, making my legs give way until it looked like I was bowing to her. Trying to stand again, I – probably shouldn't have – glared at my mate as I felt his magic press me to the ground. Hell no! He's pinned me once, and once was enough!

Instead of growling, I focused on fighting the invisible hands trying to pin me to the ground. I knew I was going to loose. I always lost against my mother, and I knew I'd always loose to my Omega mate, it was just like I knew that neither of them were using their full strengths to pin me down as my back end shook with trying to stay up.

My concentration was snapped when my Omega mate took a step forward, my back end joined the rest of my body on the ground. Trying a tactic I'd never do to anyone else, I whimpered, as much as it disgusted me to do so, I did. I saw my mothers face crumble at my whimper.

"You know you need this," she said as she stepped forward. "You know I don't like doing this to you, Zarah, I wish I didn't, I'm sorry. But I refuse to let you die because of it. Just, please, just for this one time, make it easy on me? Go with it, Zarah, please."

"What's wrong with my mate?" I jumped at the sound of my Omega mate's voice.

At the same time I looked over at him... holy mother of– I turned away. Nope, I didn't just see my mate naked – liar, my wolf laughed. No, I was not attracted to my mate – liar, she was nearly grinning at my attempt not to be attracted. Yes, I remember the death of my father. And it was that last thought that turned me back to my mother, my mother who was staring at my mate with a look of shock.

"Darius Kilt?" my mother asked, stepping back. "You're my daughter's mate?"

"I am, now, death-dealer, what is wrong with her?"

I growled at the nick-name he'd given my mother. She wasn't a death-dealer! Not that I knew what a death-dealer was exactly. But he ignored my growl like you'd ignore fly flying outside.

"But you can't be her mate."

Darius growled at my mother, and my wolf was close behind – stupid she-wolf, I growled at my wolf as Darius spoke. "That was the last thing her father said before I killed him," my mate threatened.

My mothers eyes widened.

"And you'll be following him if you don't answer my question."

"You can't kill me," my mother replied weakly. "Without me, her magic will eat her, then she'll die. You kill me, you kill you're mate."

My mate had been slowly stalking towards my mother, focused on her, yet, I knew that his focus hadn't left me either because I was still pinned to the ground as my magic tried to find weakness. Tried to find easy prey. It ignored my mother as she was whole of what I was half. It ignored my Omega mate knowing that he was strong. And so it moved as far as it could while my mother and her magic were distracted by my Omega mate.

As he stood toe to toe with my mother, head bent to stare down at her, he growled, making my mother take a few steps back. "Answer my question."

"She's half of what I am," my mother responded quickly. "I've never told her. But because she doesn't use her magic, it builds within until it starts to leak out, taking over. Her wolf form slowly changes to what she looks like now, but this isn't the worst I've seen her."

"So help her," my mate demanded in a growl of dominance.

"I need to take her home."

Then my mate was tuning for me. I felt volcano heat scoop me up, and this once, I will admit, I yelped at the pain of the sudden heat after the freezing invisible hands. But he moved so that he could hold me comfortably, but then he moved to wrap a hand around my muzzle to keep me quiet. "Show the way."

For a moment, in his arms, I wondered where the hell this kindness was coming from? I mean, he was an Omega! Omega's were brutal, violent, sadistic and deadly, not willing to save another's life... unless there was something in it for them.

As I felt the rocking motion of his walk, I could only wonder what he was going to do once I was healed. What did he want me healthy for? Why was he willing to do as another said to have me healthy? I felt myself shudder in fear as his hand tightened around my muzzle. What did I do to deserve this? I asked the fates, but of course, they didn't answer.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!