Chapter Twenty-Three - Truth

Chapter Twenty-Three – Truth

"Come again," I asked. No way had she said what I thought she said. No way. Nuhuh. Nope.

Mum had waited until everybody but us two, had left the room. And then, she said the exact same of what she was just about to repeat. "We are Fallen."

But this time, where mum had previously let me sit on that for all of sixty seconds before my words, she continued. Shocking and confusing me more. "We guard the land where Angels guard the sky's. Our greatest weakness, as your mate found out, is white gold. I, myself, Fell when your father tempted me. We weren't true mates like we said. But your father thought we were at first and bound us. It was a year after when I became pregant with you that he realised we weren't true mates. Having you was the tipping point. Having a half-blood child; whishing for a way out of our mating; and promises from Kalb Flow? It was all too much for him. And then the moment Kalb Flow mentioned the need of a half-blood non-human... he led them to you, but they couldn't use you because I kept binding your Fallen side. Making it unassessable to them."

I frowned. "But if you only taught me to use them... To protect myself... Why did you bind them the last time I saw you? I'm old enough. Why didn't you tell me, mum?"

"I didn't bind your powers last time. Not really, I bound them enough that they would unravel slowly. You're ready for them Zarah, I know that. I only wish that you were normal. All wolf or all Fallen. Instead, Kalb Flow can still use you as their sacrifice. All because I was stupidly tempted by a wolf. But even though this, you having your powers, will make you more vunerable, at least you'll be able to look after yourself with more ease."

"You could have told me, mum."

"I could have... but I was scared. Zarah, you don't know what it's like to live with the knowledge that your childs father wants to safrice your daughter. You don't know how it feels to have the one you Fell for shun you. Or how it feels for the one you Fell for to take away the only other reason that keeps this world shining."

"The other reason?"

"You, Zarah. Did you really think I moved away willingly?"

I looked away, feeling guilty. "I might have."

Mum pressed a kiss to my brow. "Silly, child. I was going to run with you but your father had the loyalty of the pack and they believed him more than they believed me. That, Zarah, is the true reason why I never saw you after binding your powers in your teens."

I looked away. I felt bad for thinking my mother had just moved away. Actually, I felt terrible for it. "Can I ask one last question?"

"Of course, honey."

"What spell were you trying to cast before I..." I trailed off.

Mum looked away guiltily.

I smiled and shook my head. "You were going to completely bind my powers again, weren't you?"

She nodded. "I know I shouldn't. I know that your old enough to do this. But no matter what, Zarah, I'll always see you as my baby girl."

Smiling, I leaned forward and hugged my mum, snuggling in when she returned the gesture.

"Now," she started, pulling away. "My question. What can you do so far that no other wolf can?"

I licked my lips as my body seemed ot flush hot in nerves. "I can push people away. But it's not the wind."

"Can you move objects?"

I blinekd at her simple question. "Never tried it."

She nodded for me to continue. "Anything else?"

I nodded. "Their is one more thing... Earlier, or yesterday, whenever it was, I was defending my pack when I bit down on a wolfs leg. It's leg snapped... as did all it's bones, yet, it remained alive, screaming. Godric tried to kill it, but their was no neck to snap so he ripped the wolfs heart out."

"You snapped everybone with one bite?"

I nodded. "In wolf form."

"Zarah... You have Ban Breotan."

"Ban what?"

"Ban Breotan. In modern language, it means Bone Breaker," she paused. "Most Fallen can move objects, or people, they can cast spells. But things such as planting thoughts; possession; breaking bones with one bite; death by touch; all those are abilities that we Fallen rarely receive."

"So... I'm a half-blood with a gift?"

"Apparently so."

"Do you have a gift?"

"I can produce heaven's light."

"Heaven's light? What's that?"

She smiled. "It isn't really heaven's light, more like hells, but, the one naming the gifts decieded to have a touch of humor. Heaven's light can kill angels and the Fallen. But only if they are full angel or Fallen. I can't touch half-bloods."

"Wow."

Mum smiled and nodded. "Wow indeed."

Looking away, I remembered the original reason we'd come to this room. "I'll stay," I promised without telling her the end part, until you all leave.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!