Chapter Forty- Two: Doppleganger

It felt like time came to a stop, everything rushing past me in a big blur. Not a single bone in my body moved as I stared at the girl in front of me. Was this some sort of horrible prank? My eyes stayed glued open, shock hitting me hard, my chest hurting for some reason. She was everything I had imagined. Beautiful, breath taking, and worst of all; fucking happy-go-lucky. Her smile shining like she found the cure for cancer or managed to make a blind man see with the snap of her fingers.

Everything about her made me feel sick. I hated the way her hair fell into perfectly spun curls. A golden touch to her hair, framing her pale face perfectly. It stretched across her body, hitting her hips. Her makeup was flawless, her bright red lips pulled back to reveal snow white colored teeth. Her eyes sparkled as they landed on someone behind me. It was like she flat out ignored me in the nicest way. I suddenly wished that I had tried to make myself presentable today. Compared to her, I looked homeless in old sweats, a baggy t-shirt and my hair tossed in an messy bun that was already falling out. She looked like she belonged on the streets of New York, sporting cream colored skinny jeans, black flats, and a vibrant purple tank top paired with a black blazer.

The girl's voice floated through the air, calling for the boy I had grown so fond of. I felt my body being moved to the side, making room for the curly haired boy. The feeling of my heart being squeezed, shattered, and kicked happened all at once as his lips bent down to her's. It took all I had not to burst out into tears, tears I didn't even know I really had. When their kiss lasted for longer than ten seconds, I turned away, heading back to the couch Niall was on. His eyes followed me, a sad smile on his lips as he patted the seat next to him. 

Finally, the disgusting couple pulled away. Envy and hatred filled my veins as she turned to me, her arms clinging to Harry as she smiled. "You must be Chris. I'm Elizabeth. It's so good to finally meet the person Harry has been talking about non-stop! He says your just like one of the guys. Thank you so much for doing me a huge favor and being my public figure. It means a lot to me... Hi Zayn!" She carried on, not giving me an inch of space to talk. My eyes drifted to Harry, who was watching me closely. I casted my gaze downwards quickly, not wanting to look at him. Just one of the boys, huh? I'll show you one of the boys.

As Elizabeth's voice became shrilly from seeing Louis and launching herself onto him, I had enough of it. I stood up quickly, walking over to the coat hanger and grabbing the first coat I found. "Where do you think you're going?" A voice rattled, causing my heart to jump. I spun around, face to face with Liam. I sent him a weak smile before he nodded. "A walk, I presume?"

"You've guessed right."

"Let's go then," Liam smiled graciously at me. "We'll be back! Going out for a little walk."

"Can I come?" Niall stood up quickly, rushing to grab his own coat.

Harry only looked at me for a split second, his attention towards Elizabeth as she looked at us. "I just got here and you guys are already leaving... Tell us when you get back! I want to know what all I missed!" She giggled as Harry pulled on her sleeve, taking her to his bedroom.

Slut.

I frowned at their retreating figures, twisting on my heel and walking out the door. A confused Niall and sympathetic Liam followed me quickly, neither saying a word but sending me looks. Once outside, where the sun was setting, we all slowly paced down the street. "I hate her already," I wrinkled my nose.

"She's not that bad once you get to know her," Liam put his hands in his pockets, a small pout on his lips. Leave it to Daddy Direction to say something nice about the girl you're supposed to be bashing on.

"She can be pretty bad," Niall started off, but quickly changed his course of thought with a look from Liam. "I mean- just because any girl- any couple can be extremely annoying. Sure, I loved watching Harry and you be all cute Christmas, but every time you two disappeared I could finally breath. But Elizabeth is pretty cool once you get to know her."