Chapter Seventeen: Working The Crowd

[Be Cautious; Mild Cursing]

Waking up every weekend seemed to turn into a mystery. I never knew what position I’d wake up in. It sounds weird, but trust me... It’s even weirder for me. Most of the time I wake up to Harry spooning me but sometimes we gain another person in bed. Louis had been spooning Harry last time I woke up. This morning was a bit different.

The laughing and groaning of five boys woke me up. That... and the fact that Zayn was practically on top of me. Harry’s arm was still tight on my waist, our bodies smashed together. His head was burrowed into the crook of my neck. Zayn had been facing me, his torso covering my face. I managed to get comfortable before saying a sleepy, “Good morning.” When three extra voices greeted me back, I lifted my head. “You guys are gonna break the bed,” I moaned as Niall was next to Zayn. Liam was sprawled across the two, his hand reaching for me. Louis was at Harry and I’s feet. Harry was shoved to the far side of the bed. 

“I’m surprised you two didn’t break it last night,” Niall said in a thick irish accent. Their drowsy voices made their accents pop out. I had been getting used to hearing it by now. 

“All of you, out,” Harry said angrily. 

“The princess has awaken!”

“More like the beast,” Zayn said with a laugh.

“I hate all of you,” Harry commented as he pulled me even tighter into his body. 

“We have a local coffee shop concert later Haz,” Liam said. “You can stay, Chris.”

“I don’t have any clean clothes,” I sighed.

“I’ll go wash them!” Louis was off the bed before I could object. He had grabbed my dirty clothes and was out of the room in a flash. 

“Let’s leave the happy couple to make out,” I heard Zayn stage- whisper. My hand automatically reached over and hit his bare chest. “Ouch,” he said dramatically. My legs pushed him, causing Liam to fall out of bed.

“Now that was just plain rude!”

“Sorry Li-Li,” I smiled before closing my eyes.

“Go back to sleep, we’ll wake you two up in an hour,” Liam said in a fatherly tone. “No hanky-panky you two!” 

“Out!” Harry yelled as the door closed with a loud thud. Harry let out a exasperated sighed as my eyes re-opened. I turned around in bed, finally facing the boy with wild morning hair. “Sorry,” he said when his orbs met mine. I gave him a reassuring smile as his arm on my waist loosened.

“How’d you sleep?” I asked quietly. We both knew that once we were awoke, it was hard to go back to sleep.

“Great before those baboons woke us up. How about you?” His face was close to mine, our heads practically sharing a pillow. Now that the bed was empty, I had plenty of room to move. For some reason I didn’t. 

“Good,” I said. I closed my eyes, listening to Harry’s breathing. Deep down, I felt dirty. I kept waking up in bed with another man. We never did anything but cuddle, but I still felt cheap. It was every girls dream to wake up in bed with a beautiful man, yet, here I was... My thoughts were interrupted when I felt the hand on my waist slowly snake up my side. My shirt was being pushed up as his hand curved and drew shapes on my back. My skin raised when he touched the place where a bra strap would go. I suddenly felt naked and exposed to the bone. I reopened my eyes to find him staring deeply into them. I opened my mouth to speak before I closed it. His lips turned into a smile- my stomach flipping.

“Thank you,” he said. Of course Harry Styles would have great minty smelling morning breath. 

“For what?” I said in a hush tone.