Chapter Forty-One: Painful Partings

"Anyway the thing is, what I really mean, yours are the sweetst eys I've ever seen. And you can tell everybody, this is a song. It may be quite simple but now that's done. I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is, now you're in the world."

"Christina?" I reached over and turned off the radio. Just before I could call back to my mom, she peaked her head into my room. "Oh, good! You're actually here. I thought you were back at the hotel. How was it yesterday? I know it must've been hard for the boys to not be able to go home and see their families."

"Yea. They took it alright. They all had turns on skype, webcamming with their families. Louis sure does have a ton of sisters..." A tiny laugh escaped my lips as I crossed my legs, sitting criss-cross on my bed. My mom walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, my smile reflecting onto her expression. 

"That's good to hear. Did Niall tell you about his mum?"

"No?" My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. Was something wrong? It felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't bare to hear anything bad happened to my second mother. Mama Horan was one of the sweetest, caring ladies. She was a dear friend of mine, and the main reason Niall and I we're best friends.

"Oh, not like that!" She quickly corrected herself. "I mean, it's nothing bad. I just wanted to let you know that she invited me to go stay with her for a week and a half! She's been missing me dearly and we both decided that it wasn't fair that you got to see your bestie, and we couldn't see ours!"

"Mom, did you just use the word bestie?"

"Perhaps," she said cheekily.

"Stay off the internet." Our laughs harmonize, she shook her head with a bright smile now on her face. 

"I'll try my hardest. I was just wondering if it's okay that I go... I mean, you wouldn't be staying here all alone. She already talked to Niall and he talked to the boys, and they'd be more than happy to let you stay with them while I'm gone." Why didn't anyone tell me earlier? I mean, I wasn't mad or anything, I just wish someone given me the tiniest headsup. I wonder why Harry didn't mention it. Just the thought of Harry made my cheeks burn red. I could feel the ghost of his lips, soft and sweet.

"Mom, I'm fine with it. I want you to have the time of your life. But I hope you realize that this is on such short notice."

"I know, and I'm sorry-"

"I want cute sweaters."

"I already planned on it." The outer corners of her eyes crinkled slightly. With my lips pressed together, I gave her a warm smile. "You know I love you, right?"

"Of course. I love you too, Mom. You know that, right?" I mocked.

"Of course." She said playfully. "Alright, get your things. I still need to finish packing."

"Wait, when do you leave?"

"At 9."

"9?" I practically shrieked. "Tonight? You're leaving tonight? I thought you meant that you'd leave tomorrow or something. Not tonight!"

"Surprise?" Her smiled wavered as she stood up. I rolled my eyes but smiled anyways. I could never be truely angry at my mother. Besides, she needs a break from work, and myself. She could really use a change in scenery.

"Alright, let's go get you packed."

~

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure your okay with this? I can call her and say somethings come up. I don't want you to uncomfortable. Are you sure? Christina-" I held my hand up to cut my mother off. I just shook my head with a smile.